9tr3g Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 So I'm planning on making a new box for my single 15. It will be in a honda accord. I think I want to do it sub and port forward. I have been trying to do some research so I can see what they like as far as port and stuff like that. I can't find much info on the 15s. Most of what I have found is on 18s. It looks like what I have to work with on box size is 36wx20dx17h. I want to tune at 32. I'm not sure how much port they like. I don't know if I should do a 5 inch wide slot port or a 6 inch aero or If I should do something else
Smoove Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 4-4.5 cubes and 55-65sqin of port. 4500w of amp to get it moving. 32hz tune sounds good to me 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 A single 6" aero won't be enough, two should be though, if you can fit them. I'd probably just stick with a slot port though since they are easier to implement. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
9tr3g Posted September 25, 2015 Author Report Posted September 25, 2015 I have plenty of power for it. I thought that 2 6 inch aeros would have been way to big. I don't know much about aeros though. I always wanted to try them.
Smoove Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 Aero's are great. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
onebadmonte Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 the more power the better. I had mine in 4cuft with an 8" sono tube port tuned to 33hz. It was good, but I was low on power. I had an orion 3700.1 on it and it wasn't enough to push it to it's limits. I got louder going to a dss ethos in the same box and amp. I'm sure if I had more power the Fi would have been nuts. Warhorse vs A Pair of SMDeez build Olds Cutlass Cierra IB build 2 Fi IB3 18s
n8ball2013 Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 They like power lots and lots of power. I run a tfe per pair and they take it and ask if that's all I have THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
9tr3g Posted September 25, 2015 Author Report Posted September 25, 2015 It will be on 7k once I get my batteries straight. It's probably seeing 4 or 5k right now.
rockFord_Expedition Posted September 25, 2015 Report Posted September 25, 2015 What alternator do you have? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
9tr3g Posted September 25, 2015 Author Report Posted September 25, 2015 I have a DC power that singer just rebuilt. My batteries are getting old and they will be getting replaced.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.