Second Skin Audio

Can someone justify DD prices?

matt scarlett

b2 has some very nice SQ orientated subs that still get very loud when you want them too. The big b2 guy down in Texas built a killer demo build with the 600w IS series subs.

I'm very dubious about marketing. Just because the company says "SQ" io wonder how SQ they really are. I trust more in user reviews than what the manufacturer has to say. thanks for the input.

Dd for sure is not the only quality brand out there.

To me though if you're just doing something small buy whatever it is that you like that is within your budget.

You don't have to buy the most expensive thing to get quality but you are going to pay more for quality subs.

Another thing to consider is the space you're ok with loosing because one brands sub may work better in that space than another brands sub, there are many things to consider but I always start with space available and power that I have available.

It depends what one means by quality. My Hybrid Audio I6SW was a bit of a disaster. Quality SQ sub like I've never experienced before or since. However, the build quality was atrocious. From the cone coming away from the basket

https://surfandsound.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=425

To the frame being so flimsy it bent and buckled with amazing ease.

https://surfandsound.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sdc10238.jpg

SQ - Any recommendations for an SQ sub from DD? Some say 3500 series, some say 2500 series. Any comments?

Not everyone likes the same sound. Some people like the sound of distortion because it's loud sound, hell they don't even know what distortion is...they think what I hear as complete crap sounds good. I suggest going to a local shop if you have any and listen to some setups and decide based upon that. However, different cars sound...DIFFERENT, no surprise there right?

b2 has some very nice SQ orientated subs that still get very loud when you want them too. The big b2 guy down in Texas built a killer demo build with the 600w IS series subs.

I'm very dubious about marketing. Just because the company says "SQ" io wonder how SQ they really are. I trust more in user reviews than what the manufacturer has to say. thanks for the input.

Dd for sure is not the only quality brand out there.

To me though if you're just doing something small buy whatever it is that you like that is within your budget.

You don't have to buy the most expensive thing to get quality but you are going to pay more for quality subs.

Another thing to consider is the space you're ok with loosing because one brands sub may work better in that space than another brands sub, there are many things to consider but I always start with space available and power that I have available.

It depends what one means by quality. My Hybrid Audio I6SW was a bit of a disaster. Quality SQ sub like I've never experienced before or since. However, the build quality was atrocious. From the cone coming away from the basket

https://surfandsound.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=425

To the frame being so flimsy it bent and buckled with amazing ease.

https://surfandsound.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sdc10238.jpg

SQ - Any recommendations for an SQ sub from DD? Some say 3500 series, some say 2500 series. Any comments?

Not everyone likes the same sound. Some people like the sound of distortion because it's loud sound, hell they don't even know what distortion is...they think what I hear as complete crap sounds good. I suggest going to a local shop if you have any and listen to some setups and decide based upon that. However, different cars sound...DIFFERENT, no surprise there right?

Well if you like rock and roll you certainly like the sound of distortion.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

There is lots of distortion present in music on purpose.

Or in some cases the people recording it have no damn clue what they are doing.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you're in UK, there is a Fi dealer (Blade ICe). The sp4 is an amazing sub, but you'll love any of their sub : they sound good, and can be loud if needed.

If US products are too expensive locally, try B2 or GZ, like someone already said.

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

If you're in UK, there is a Fi dealer (Blade ICe). The sp4 is an amazing sub, but you'll love any of their sub : they sound good, and can be loud if needed.

If US products are too expensive locally, try B2 or GZ, like someone already said.

Good luck.

I know of BladeIce, I've only heard Liam's twin 18" Fi subs

It's just a shame that even with so called dealers and distributors of various U.S. brands that we have in the UK, they never seem to have much if any stock in. I still wanted to go back to my first real love DD, but again I bought DD before I knew anything about Sundown. Everyone speaks highly of DD amps, the subs are good, but it's just the price. Are they really heads and shoulders above the others in terms of build quality to command such a premium (rhetorical)? I've had no issues with my Sundown, JL, Alpine or many other subs I've been through. Is there something about the design that demands a premium (again rhetorical)? I don't get it!

I suppose one could say the same about the likes of Morel Ultimo or many a JL product .... JL seems to be the Bose of the car audio world in the way that some condemn them.

Archived