Second Skin Audio

Who all makes 6.5" subs?

scooter99

I'm just wondering. On a google search, and knowing what I already know from here, I'm seeing a couple of companies that make 6.5" subs.

I see: Sundown, DD, Massive, Kicker, JL Audio. Who else out there makes them? Just curious why not all companies do them. Is it a money thing, market, interest etc?

What do you know, what can you tell me?

American Bass. RF did awhile ago

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I think CDT has one/some. Hybrid audio technologies, hertz. Just from some small searching that's what I've seen. The more quality classified brands seem to make them. But I think that's because they offer more than just "let's get big and loud". There isn't a big market for small woofers because most want big boomy loud

Thanks guys. I'll look into those too.

Yeah I'd love to go big and loud too, but unless I go with Mr. Bill's set up in his F250 (which is still one of my favs btw, nice work Bill) and cut the cab, it's difficult to get big bass in any truck, but these Fords are HORRIBLE for getting anything decent inside the cabin. Plus, I'm not sure my wife would be too happy if I cut the cab for a blow through. SO I'm exploring all options.

a couple of years back some of the sq guys had success using Tang Band 6.5 subs. i think the reality is most people that are tight on space find a way to get an 8" sub. The other thing I found when I looked at small subs like 6.5, you either use multiple or the box to get the sound ended up being big or complex. basically the box was big enough that I could just go up in sub size on a sealed box and be about the same space.

Archived