Multiple runs of 0 gauge vs single run of 2/0 or larger gauge

Two runs of 0 vs. 2/0 =Two runs can carry more current. There are mainly disadvantages to running larger cable within a vehicle because the larger you go the less flexible it is and the harder it is to tuck/hide the cable. Even trimming things out is harder with larger cable. Sure a 2/0 will carry a good deal more than 1/0 BUT you're drilling a bigger hole and at some point have to reduce down to land the cable into an amp although if you're using buss bars or distros you can probably squeeze the cable in or use ring terminals(duh).

Ultimately it's not really a big deal. I'm an electrician and when working in a gear I'd much rather bend some 3/0, 4/0 a few times(for parallel feeds) than something like a 900k monster cable that won't bend the way I need it to. The stuff we use in the car audio game isn't really too difficult to deal with in the end.

couple of things you would have to ask yourself. is your system that big that it needs it/ how many watts are you running? is the wire cca or ofc? and do you plan on upgrading in the future? and what brand company are you getting the wire from? do the offer real true gauge size?

the 2 runs 0 would be better according to wiki america wire size

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge#Table_of_AWG_wire_sizes

in inches
0000 (4/0) - 0.4600"
000 (3/0) - 0.4096"
00 (2/0) - 0.3648"
0 (1/0) - 0.3249"
with 2 runs of 0 you'll get 0.3249 x 2 = 0.6498 vs 1 (2/0) 0.3648

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

couple of things you would have to ask yourself. is your system that big that it needs it/ how many watts are you running? is the wire cca or ofc? and do you plan on upgrading in the future? and what brand company are you getting the wire from? do the offer real true gauge size?

the 2 runs 0 would be better according to wiki america wire size

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge#Table_of_AWG_wire_sizes

in inches

0000 (4/0) - 0.4600"

000 (3/0) - 0.4096"

00 (2/0) - 0.3648"

0 (1/0) - 0.3249"

with 2 runs of 0 you'll get 0.3249 x 2 = 0.6498 vs 1 (2/0) 0.3648

Running a Crescendo BC5500 for sub stage

Crescendo c1100.4

Mayhem 18 I'll be keeping the gains down of course.

Planning on upgrading to a TEAM possibly.

3400 under hood

D7500 in back

Singer 240 amp

Nothing but OFC from Sky High

I believe most peoples deciding factor is that 1/0 is smaller like mentioned above. Easier to run through a vehicle, and the fuse blocks and everything are more available for them at a much cheaper cost. As far as I known you have to get custom machined fuse blocks for skyhigh 2/0. Those aint cheap.

It can also be more cost effective to do 2 runs of 1/0 vs 1 run of 2/0.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

im going to let you know a secrete

running 1 run of 2/0 is not worth it over 2 runs of 1/0.. it will cost way to much to get the fuse holders for that 2/0.. i paid to the tune of $325 on just the fuse holders (only 5 of them).. i could have bought 2 spools of 1/0 with that money

Archived