Help needed with SPL mid/highs for 2 FI Teams/SP4's

feathered1iron

Bump :0

One of the best ways to sound great and get loud with an SPL is a Horn and Mid bass combo. By the space your talking in your doors I'd do a single Beyma 10g40 or Beyma 12g40 on in each door covering 50 - 800 hz and a full size Eric Stevens ( Ex owner of image dynamics) ultra horn for under the dash covering 800 - 16k + hz.

Beymas - 400$ give or take

Horns - 325$ if you get pro version or 700 if you get ultras

Amps - Varies but should be under a grand.

if you want to see a video of set up you can watch this. It's a much cleaner looking way of getting loud doors and is easier to tune than multiple 6.5's 8s or whatever you put in your doors.

Sencheezy's vehicle is 160 + db

Damn carnines that's pretty sick! So 4 beymas or just two for the front stage?

Also, why don't more people run horns? And you say just 1 horn?

Which amp would you recommend and if I am using 12'' drivers I guess it would be a mono?

And I am assuming the horn will completely replace the tweeters?

Thanks man! that truck is loud lol

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

Damn carnines that's pretty sick! So 4 beymas or just two for the front stage?

Also, why don't more people run horns? And you say just 1 horn?

Which amp would you recommend and if I am using 12'' drivers I guess it would be a mono?

And I am assuming the horn will completely replace the tweeters?

Thanks man! that truck is loud lol

It's a pair of horns under each side of the dash. You would only need 1 pair of beymas on good power. Doesn't matter what size they will keep up. His single pair of beyma 12s keep up with 160 db. Horns replace tweeters and cover some mid range.

Do whatever you like the most. I'm doing mids and horns because the sound is nice and the look is clean. Horns will make somewhat of a comeback when eric releases them under his upcoming audio brand oncore at the end of year.

People still run them.

For powering 2 beymas I'd just get the most power you can at 4 ohms. They don't need a ton of power to be loud as hell though. Whatever works best for your budget.

I think that's extremely overkill.

I'd personally find a component set you like. Grab 2 sets. Both mids will fit in the doors and the tweets in the a pillar.

Keep it simple

x2

anything else is overkill unless you just want it... KISS

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'd personally find a component set you like. Grab 2 sets. Both mids will fit in the doors and the tweets in the a pillar.

Keep it simple

x2

x3.... Keep it simple... Less is more sometimes.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Keep it simple

x2

x3.... Keep it simple... Less is more sometimes.

EH. I feel like multiple tweeters in the a pillars takes away from the factory look. You can fabricate a mid to look factory though so it's different. I always felt like horn and mid bass was less than multiple components.

Audio is very opinionated though. To each his own.

Carnies, HLCD is not the "end all be all" or the drivers everyone works up to have in their vehicle. If they were that easy, everyone would run them.

Maybe 5% of the audio world use them.

Yea, they get loud, but for the average audiophile ... sound like shit unless installed just perfect and completely tuned out.

Only two cars in the entire audio competition history sucessfully run them the way they were meant to run. There was soo much modifications done to those cars they were trailer queens for most of their competition seasons ...

They will not work in every vehicle "too hard to install" and the are very tough to tune correctly.

As much as I love to listen to them ... to be honnest, they are too much sugar for a dime so to speak.

I'm not bashing you brother ... just trying to help out.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived