2006 SuperCrew F150/ 2016 Polaris RZR XP1000 custom door pods play pg6!

Looking for ideas and input on a motion/angle based switch to control some LED lights mounted in my tool box and bed. Just some LED strips, standard white color nothing fancy.

Basically all I want it to do, is turn on when I open the lid to the tool box, and turn off when I close it. Added bonus would be a controller along with a switch that has a 15-30 second delay that would allow the bed LED's to remain lit.

http://www.oznium.com/ir-sensor-switch i have 2 of these haven't used them yet... these stay on for 30 seconds http://www.oznium.com/motion-sensor-switch but are motion activated

Thank ye sir. Only thing I would be concerned with them is stuff getting thrown around in the tool box whilst driving. Guess it doesn't really matter since the truck would be running though.

plus led dont take much to run i use to leave mine on 24/7 without any problem... most though was 2 days without starting car was fine

If current draw would be too much, I could just run the LED's off a relay instead of passing them through the switch.

Thanks for the links though, I'm gonna dig up them some more.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more important stuff to pay for. So this is going on extra-hold. Already slow. Gonna try not to sell any gear, but may end up letting the sub and amp combo go....

• 4 weeks later...

I know distance tests are pointless as fuck, but threw some more deadner on the doors and got the amps swapped out. Threw some Parts Express Tymphany tweeters in too, but they aren't in this video. Going to try something with them tomorrow since my passenger tweeter won't play whilst in the dash

started CDL school yesterday, didnt fuck around and completed all my practice tests in a day, so I got my permit today. Got the rest of the week off with nice weather.

got another pair of tweeters and some 18ga ordered so I can attempt a set of A pillars and to rewire both sides.

And sold the Tantric HD 12. Might sell the Sundown 2k too, have a guy local that has a DD m2c that I am going to try and trade for, idk yet.

So who all here is fans of Silverflutes? Price/performance/reviews seems like they are a really nice choice for what I am trying to achieve, which is somewhat a mild SQ build. More so daily listening, at high volumes for extended times, since I'm looking at a job that is a 45 minute 1 way commute.

• 3 months later...

going to drop this piece of shit a few inches tomorrow. reverse leveled. doing lower ball joints too. trial to see if I will like the lowered life before I get the 24's and 3/5 kit ordered.

getting some cash flow now, so I guess I'll give a little attention to the stereo, bits and pieces....

oh, and about to roll over 150k. Got a good bit to catch up to HotDog's f150 though :)

Archived