gckless Posted November 10, 2015 Author Report Posted November 10, 2015 This is after the first coat of Arm-R-Seal on top. I have flipped them over and now coated the back. Waiting for it to dry, and then going to sand with 220 grit between coats. Black iron pipe! This is about 3/4 of what I need. This stuff isn't cheap, I'm over budget for sure. Before I start putting it together, I need to figure out the final plan for wiring. Have to put the wiring in as I go, because it will be impossible to fish it through later. Pretty sure I got it, just need to figure out where the switch is going. Also determined, with the help of coworkers, how I want the base to be. Changed my original plan, and was able to save money and make it better functionally and aesthetically. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
98crewcab Posted November 10, 2015 Report Posted November 10, 2015 bad ass!!! want to do the same in our office.....only figured up the costs, and so far black pipe alone is over $400, lol. went down on the priority list for now. driveway first! 06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck) 7" BDS HC lift kit (5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts (5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962 tablet in lieu of deck blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control) 4 Alpine type r 10's 6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz 2 brutus brx5000.5's 2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars 4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps 1 pair 8" polk audio for mids 2 xspower d3400 batteries.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!
gckless Posted November 10, 2015 Author Report Posted November 10, 2015 bad ass!!! want to do the same in our office.....only figured up the costs, and so far black pipe alone is over $400, lol. went down on the priority list for now. driveway first! Yeah, this isn't cheap. I'm not quite at $400, probably around $250-275 for the pipe. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
gckless Posted November 11, 2015 Author Report Posted November 11, 2015 Sanded down with 320 grit, and this is the 2nd coat of Arm-R-Seal. Looks good! Depending on how this turns out, I may not do another coat. If I do, one more at the most. Just my taste, I like a more natural-looking finish. Some people like that glass look with no holes or cracks or anything, but not this guy. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
bcpballer64 Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 Very nice "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
magillaru Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 Nice man! Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
boom50cal Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 too cool Gil. Guess you are incorporating some LED light or something like that in with it? On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
gckless Posted November 11, 2015 Author Report Posted November 11, 2015 too cool Gil. Guess you are incorporating some LED light or something like that in with it? I'll be using Edison bulbs. Haven't decided on exactly which ones, but something like this: https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/7623/IN-L2780.html "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
gckless Posted November 14, 2015 Author Report Posted November 14, 2015 This finish is giving me headaches. I get small patches of streaking, or just low spots. Can see it in this picture at right center. I have sanded one more time and reapplied a coat. I'm going to have to live with however it turns out now though, because I'm afraid if I do more coats it's going to start to look plasticky. I love the color, on the plus side. These are the bulbs I'll be using. I ordered 5 different ones to sample them, and this one was perfect. Good size, and not too bright. Here is the support. Obviously nothing is tightened yet, but you get the idea. It's actually going to be pretty tough to wire and tighten. I have to wire all through, solder the connections, and then tighten them up in 3 circles and then together. The pipes aren't threaded opposite on each end, so if you turn only the pipe one side will loosen while the other side tightens. Because of that, have to go in a circle and then the last piece will be somewhat loose. I'll be using JB Weld to keep 'em in place. I ordered a switch as well, but it doesn't fit and I don't know where I can put it. So, I'm just going to hardwire all of these to the plug and then get a remote control outlet, so I'll have a wireless switch. Here's after the last coat. Looks great! No streaks or anything. This is about 4 hours into drying, nothing else should randomly appear. Glad this worked out because I did NOT want to do another coat. Tops are done. Just have to flip them over and do one coat on the bottoms (don't really care how they look) and these are done. They're a little lighter than this picture makes them out to be. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted November 17, 2015 Report Posted November 17, 2015 Looking real nice man!! I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.