Second Skin Audio

TRUE RMS for P3 12"??

RyanRosier

How much power can a 12" P3 sub take? I see people giving them 1200 watts from some Hifonics and some Sundowns, I know Hifonics are revered but don't know personally know (due to lack of interest) if hifonics actually do rated power, and I know the Sundown will certainly do 1200. What would be good enough for daily bumping but with some volume.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Whatever rms the manufacturer gives is the true rms

It's rockford fosgate, we all know that's a lie. They used to sell amps rated at 500 max but do 767 rms. Still make amps like that just not like they used to, so when they say 600 watts rms for their sub, I know it's more. I just wanna know the most at the safest I could run one. Like has anyone themselves actually ran one at more than rated power? any first hand experience.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

^^^This, just because you see someone giving their driver hell doesnt mean it is a good option or it will last a long time. Too many factors to tell but I would stick to rms unless you like doing recones or actually know what you are doing as far as observing signs or distress.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

It's rockford fosgate, we all know that's a lie. They used to sell amps rated at 500 max but do 767 rms. Still make amps like that just not like they used to, so when they say 600 watts rms for their sub, I know it's more. I just wanna know the most at the safest I could run one. Like has anyone themselves actually ran one at more than rated power? any first hand experience.

Thats dynamic power which you really wont see anyway and if you did you would not hear a difference between 267 watts, hahaha. Stop overthinking it, if you want a driver to handle more wattage than simply save up and buy a bigger driver.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

I've had a pair on a T1500 for what it's worth.

Doesn't mean yours will handle that though because every situation is different.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

And that's why you always say to only apply the rated RMS power to a speaker.

If someone fucks up due to you saying that you did it and it worked, but you know it won't for everyone, then only losses happened.

If someone is smart enough to mess around with their stuff to the point of disregarding ratings then they will not have to ask anyone to know what to do.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Thats dynamic power which you really wont see anyway and if you did you would not hear a difference between 267 watts, hahaha. Stop overthinking it, if you want a driver to handle more wattage than simply save up and buy a bigger driver.

Do you know what rms is?

Root Mean Square, the amount of power a driver can take before stress to the motor and other moving parts begin to become stressed, but fosgate underrates everything they make.

And that's why you always say to only apply the rated RMS power to a speaker.

If someone fucks up due to you saying that you did it and it worked, but you know it won't for everyone, then only losses happened.

If someone is smart enough to mess around with their stuff to the point of disregarding ratings then they will not have to ask anyone to know what to do.

Goodness

Archived