HO alt, second battery, or none?

Hey guys I have a 2002 f150 with a stock 120 amp alternator with the big 3 and a group 65 agm under the hood. I'm running a Crescendo bc2000.1d amp with my sub wired to 1 ohm. The voltage doesn't drop below 13 volts. I want to add another 4 channel amp (around 200 watts/50 watts to each speaker) to power my coax speakers. I know you can't tell until you try but do you think I will need a high output alternator or second battery? Or do you think drawing 50 watts from each speaker won't affect voltage drop much?

If I need to do anything, I'd rather get a HO alt because fitting a battery inside of a single cab truck with a large sub box behind the seats will be difficult.

What do you guys think?

If you're not dropping below 13 I think you would be fine or at the most a small batt would be needed. You could probably find a spot under the hood for a small batt.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Get the Alternator!!

I have an 02 expedition and I was running the same amount of power and in the end the alt died. First I got the second battery and that did work but only temporary. Factory alt is no match for that power your running with trying to keep 2 batts charged. Sooner or later it will fail.

Also my voltage never dropped below 13.3 or so and it crapped out with no warning.

waste of money....

Get the Alternator!!

I have an 02 expedition and I was running the same amount of power and in the end the alt died. First I got the second battery and that did work but only temporary. Factory alt is no match for that power your running with trying to keep 2 batts charged. Sooner or later it will fail.

Also my voltage never dropped below 13.3 or so and it crapped out with no warning.

that can happen with a new alt or not.

Op, imho, its a wast of money......

waste of money....

Get the Alternator!!

that can happen with a new alt or not.

Op, imho, its a wast of money......

What are you saying is a waste of money? The alt or the battery?

What meter are you looking when you say you never drop below 13v ?
If you truly aren't dropping be low 13v. Dont change anything. Your fine for driving around and jammin to what you like.

If you truly aren't dropping be low 13v. Dont change anything. Your fine for driving around and jammin to what you like.

but but.. if he charges at 15v ...its rad right?

but but.. if he charges at 15v ...its rad right?

The more the better bruh

Archived