plush4318 Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 I love my trailblazer, it's the firest suv i've owned. However, I have been in love with audis since I have been into the car/music scene. I ended up coming acrohed midnight blue 01 audi s4 yesterday and for the hell of it I asked if he'd be willing to trade for my trailblazer. He seemed interested as he works at chevy, and has a baby on the way . My question is does anyone have any experience with these cars? I don't want my biased judgement getting in the way of a good/bad decision. I'm guessing I'll always need 8-10 grand on hand for general maintenance and repairs but I think I can live with that. Would this be an even trade? My blazer has almost 170,000 miles while his audi only has about 140,000 04trailblazer XS d3400 XS xp3000 Pioneer 80prs 2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids 2 pairs of DD AT28 tweeters DD SS4A DD M1D DD 3518sc in custom kerf port box 2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire
zack_e89 Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 Keep the trail blazer and wall it! Lol 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 Why would you always need $8-10k on hand for maintainence and repairs? That car isn't even worth that much. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Miguels Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 if you need 8k to maintain a car then its time to buy a new one my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
jk13 Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 As with all used cars it depends on the condition of each. We just bought a B6 Avant quattro for my wife with 140k on and it drives like new. Love the Audis but you are correct that anything with an S on the badge will easily double your parts bill. I'd rather drive a B5 S4 than a Trailblazer any day. Why would you always need $8-10k on hand for maintainence and repairs? Because if one stock turbo fails you replace both with bigger ones, and then you gotta do the exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, get it chipped and so on…duh. Static drops are my bag.
REVOofRustler Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 I'd definitely find out about what kind of upkeep and maintenance it's had, and see if there are papers for anything. The stock K03 turbos in the B5 S4's are known to go out pretty often, and to replace them you have to pull the motor. Like jk13 said, most people just go to a Stage 3 build with either K04 or Frankenturbo F21 turbos and then supporting mods to go with it. If it it's been well maintained with proof, I'd go for it. I'm also pretty biased, though as an owner of a B6 haha. What color is it, and is it a 6 speed or a tiptronic? 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
MotorCityFats13 Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 well if a tie rod breaks that will cost you $4200 and if the starter fails that is another $4850.... lol..... sounds like you are trading reliability and ease of maintenance over a name plate..... if its not an A8 pass on than one..... but trailblazers 4.2L I6 water pumps suck to swap
REVOofRustler Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 well if a tie rod breaks that will cost you $4200 and if the starter fails that is another $4850.... lol..... sounds like you are trading reliability and ease of maintenance over a name plate..... if its not an A8 pass on than one..... but trailblazers 4.2L I6 water pumps suck to swap How did you come up with those numbers? 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
MotorCityFats13 Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 well if a tie rod breaks that will cost you $4200 and if the starter fails that is another $4850.... lol..... sounds like you are trading reliability and ease of maintenance over a name plate..... if its not an A8 pass on than one..... but trailblazers 4.2L I6 water pumps suck to swap How did you come up with those numbers? because the mechanic in my formula in an authorized audi repair tech and is also an ass hole lol
CortezDTV Posted December 5, 2015 Report Posted December 5, 2015 4850 for a starter??? Where do you get these numbers? SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.