Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

i dont think a lot of people realize that speakers are run off of Alternating Current. They assume since there is a + and - it is DC. wish they would just label them differently.

I figured they were thats why people would use a DMM on AC volts to set the gain if they (myself) didnt have a DD-1. The amp is using DC power input and creating AC power output correct ? as far as checking voice coil resistance its just ohm setting on the DMM with the speaker un plugged right ? I need to look up what cleansierra and audio fan were talking about

If one of the admin or moderators wanna lock this post in that would be ok, i feel that its getting off topic from the original post. Thank you all for your help and helping me understand things (many) that im still unfamiler with. Maybe i should go to college and be a electrical engineer :)

Fyi I Am buying a rockville today and putting it to some mids and highs in my demo car just to be a dick.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

A dick to your ears?

:peepwall:

:)

So you can hear it coming?

Because the difference between 'it does rated' at one frequency for one test is a whole lot different than 'it sounds good'...

Static drops are my bag.

A dick to your ears? :peepwall::)

Because the difference between 'it does rated' at one frequency for one test is a whole lot different than 'it sounds good'...
Oh ok. The amp dyno is worthless. Now it all makes sense.

Still learning but have started gathering.

A dick to your ears? :peepwall::)

Oh ok. The amp dyno is worthless. Now it all makes sense.

Never said that.

In my 20+ year career I've critically listened to hundreds if not thousands of amps. They sound different. Every one.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived