Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

There is no such thing as a CEA 2006 compliant 1 or 2 ohm test, 4 ohms only yet Rockville claims there is.
It is also funny that they mention other manufactures names like Rockford and Kicker in an attempt to say that their amplifiers are quality like the other guys because they use CEA testing.

Anytime a company needs to mention another companies name as an attempt to compare their product and make a sale is a red flag. This is actually illegal to do in many countries.

Now you know a company has no idea what so ever when they print the CEA logo for Subwoofers on their box and not the logo for amplifiers... Like how can you get that wrong............. Really?

This is the blue logo that should be on their amplifier packaging:

CEA_logo.jpg

But this is the logo that is on the amplifier box, the logo for subwoofers.

1109667__21478.1449673543.1280.1280.jpg?

I just had to check out some unboxing video's to see if it actually has the wrong CEA compliance on it. Seems that picture on their site is wrong, the actual box says CEA-2006.

CEA-2006 Compliance can be at different OHM ratings, but is usually done at 4OHM for the standard test from what i've found when looking for testing parameters:

http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/199/~/cea-2006-amplifier-power-standards

I wouldn't expect much from a $150 amp... Aside from the poor marketing decisions to exaggerate numbers, it looks like a decent amount of power for that price range. Not sure about the life cycle of the amp since they have not been out for long. Looks like a fun starter amp though.

sometimes things are made with cheap parts are overpriced and people just swarm in to buy them up.... then the market claims they have the best thing ever built.... when the real people know its garbage because the other things that run out of those build houses are trash.... I would never build a computer with a foxcon mainboard let alone purchase an apple device.... im pretty sure apple bought beats because they were an awesome headphone company! lol..... if i didnlt like running hifonics those rockville's would be a great choice for me

the way they rate these are weird but what it looks like to me is the "cea" rating is the rms and the rms number is the max rating so its 1500 rms 3000 watts max i had the "2000" watt rms one 1000 watt cea but the birth sheet that came with the amp was 1010 so when you get yours the birth sheet should be slightly over 1500 rms mine put out decent power but got way to hot for my liking so i sold it

It's funny how people always try to justify buying cheap stuff by saying they can't afford better or that the more expensive stuff is overpriced.

It's not hard to save, you guys just don't want to wait.

In most cases you absolutely do get what you pay for, there are absolutely exceptions to that though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I forgot to mention my favorite, "it's good for the money"

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I forgot to mention my favorite, "it's good for the mon

imo it is decent for the money but the way i look at it there is a very small percentage who are willing to dump hundreds of dollars into a car system there are some of us who are hardcore into the hobby but most just want to hear something better then stock

Archived