Sundown Audio

Hifonics

Matthew Williams

Hifonics has 35th anniversary amps now

So the same amps but now with a fancy badge, gotcha.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I've been rocking the brx series for the past few years with no problems. I am a professional and know they put out a bit less than rated so my system was planned around that from the beginning. I also have good electrical as that's what is needed when dealing with hifonics. Give them good juice and they work pretty good especially for the price. Most people who had problems didnt really care about quality hence the reason why they think you can can run 2k on stock electrical full tilt all day.

Everybody is a professional on the internet.

To be honest I cant think of any 1 real professional that I know through out the car audio community that is a real professional with certificates and extensive training, or that owns a shop that would rock a Hifonics amp, or even offer their products.

I guess my view maybe flawed and more realistic of what a professional is however.

So since everybodyknows yous, what makes you a professional?

Just curious.

Dude you are taking this way too seriously.You seem so angry. All I meant by saying professional is I know what I'm doing.

All I'm saying is Hifonics amps work as long as you have the proper electrical and proper install.

Of course they're way better amps on the market but I chose to go with Hifonics and it fits my budget. Have other things to spend my extra money on like my house and kids college tuition. Have a bless day

Dude you are taking this way too seriously.You seem so angry. All I meant by saying professional is I know what I'm doing.

All I'm saying is Hifonics amps work as long as you have the proper electrical and proper install.

Of course they're way better amps on the market but I chose to go with Hifonics and it fits my budget. Have other things to spend my extra money on like my house and kids college tuition. Have a bless day

Ok so you are not a professional, but say you are.

Noted.

Yes, it pisses me off when people spew out false info about products and other people waste there money buying them.

I build some pretty wicked boxes, make my living off of car audio, been sub-contracted to work through InstallerNet in surrounding states on fleet vehicles but I never once considered myself a professional, because I know there are others in this field spending $1,500 per class to learn fabrication techniques, becoming a MECP Master installer (not some basic mecp test like a bestbuy installer takes).
But like I said before, Im sure my opinion is flawed on what I see as a professional and what others see as a professional.

The thing with CEA2006 compliant ratings is not that they are a lie, its that their testing method is flawed from the get go.

As I asked the one user that never replied I asked him if he planned on buying his monoblock amp to run his woofers at 1ohm to get the most power, or at 4ohm.

It was a loaded question and here is why.

CEA2006 testing is a test done on an amplifier that states it makes manufactures rated power at 4ohms, with no more than 14.4 volts and no more than 1% THD.

Why this becomes flawed typically a person buying a monoblock amplifier to run a woofer wants to run that amp at its lowest stable impedance (typically 1ohm).

However CEA only tests 4ohms, and while said amp may pass CEA2006s testing at 4 ohms doesn't mean it will still make manufactures claimed power at 2ohms or 1ohm.

That is fact, and brands like hifonics prove this (but they cant be singled out alone on this).

The next flaw is the whole 14.4 volt testing, since most vehicles will never charge at that voltage with a oem alternator it is a gimmick number.

Even vehicles with upgraded high output alternators have a hard time maintaining a solid 14.4 volts while under load.
I have 3 alternators that produce 1,170amps of current, 7 batteries, and 18 runs of 1/0 cable and cant maintain 14.4volts under load let alone 13volts.

So a more realistic number for this testing procedure would be 12.8volts, even 13.8volts would be a step in the right direction..

Another flaw is that only 1 amplifier per amplifiers model that is to be listed as CEA2006 compliant is tested.
Every other amplifier in the same model is not tested and just blanketed under it doing the rated power per that 1 amp that was tested.
So say if the manufacture makes 3000 amps that are model 2000.1D, 2000 amps that are model 4000.1D, and 5000 amps that are model 150.4AB. Out of those 10,000 amps being produced by that company, only 3 of them will under go physical CEA2006 testing typically.

It is well known electronics have tolerances and no 2 amps will be exactly equal even though they are the same exact amplifier model, you can look at Rockford Fosgates birthsheets to tell this because some of their 2500bdcp amps do 2700wrms at 1ohm while others do 3300wrms at 1ohm but are the same amp with the same parts. So you can be guaranteed that manufactures that use CEA2006 testing have amps that would of failed the test IF they were all tested.

Which brings me to my next thing. Companies like Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Orion (possibly more that I am forgetting) are having each amp physically tested 1 by 1 and come with a birthsheet saying what that specific amplifier did for power, unlike a manufacture that has 1 of each model tested and blankets all the other amplifiers into doing rated power even though they are never tested.

Now I remember someone trying to say that CEA 2006 amplifiers are also tested at 1ohm, however I dug and dug and found no information or truth to this and it shows the testing methods right on the CEA site which I will link below.

http://www.cea2006.com/howtomeasure.htm

People spread wrong information all the time and it is a disease.

Just the other day this is what I read on a facebook audio group and why you CANT use welding wire for power wire.

The sad part is people believe this nonsense...

Scott Copus - the problem with using welding wire is the jacket has no coating or insulated barrier to trap or block IF, or MF singles it dont matter when welding because you don't have to hear anything you just weld

51304836.jpg

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived