Second Skin Audio

Psychoport

I know which is fine. What I found sad was that no one in Fayetteville knows what they are talking about. One of the shops I went too actually told me a 15in woofer with a box design wouldn't fit in my hatchback... He didn't even try and that was supposed to be the best in this town. Funnier part is I showed him a picture of my old 15 fitting in the back and he didnt believe it.

The newer gen focus has a smaller trunk then the old gen.

I have an old gen and I have had 2 10", 1 12", 2 12" and 1 15".

Was going to do 2 15" but I would have needed to remove my back away in order for the box to be of proper design. Nothing against removing three seats but is more of a challenge to get loud without losing the back seat. With taking up every inch of space in the trunk of a first gen your lucky too fit an 18" in as good of a box as the local guy to cleansierra.

Is bit that an 18 won't fit in your new gen it just won't fit in a proper box. One 15 or 2 12" sure but not an 18".

Box is what truly maters, 1 or 2 smaller subs in a well built box with optimum port and volume will out perform 1 large sub in a less them optimum box with a small port and shy on box volume.

Remember as well that you have to have space for the amp (s) and extra batteries if needed.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Fayetteville what?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

We have a local guy with an '03 Focus hatch and he shoehorned a Soundqubed HDC4 in there. He barely had room and would have been better off using 2 12s. Fitting an 18" in that car is a tight squeeze to give it enough airspace.

2 12s in a proper box will outperform an 18 in a not-so-ideal box

Is that the same as having 1 15? I of course have went through this with Joe X but I was just trying figure things out with the aeroport. Does it save space? Waste space? take a lot of space?

I forgot to mention, the HDC4 that he has is an 18" sub.

Fitting that box in was a pain in the ass. 2 6 percision ports were used. Would have prefered a 8" psychoport. Could have easily done a better 15 box or 2 12's

I know which is fine. What I found sad was that no one in Fayetteville knows what they are talking about. One of the shops I went too actually told me a 15in woofer with a box design wouldn't fit in my hatchback... He didn't even try and that was supposed to be the best in this town. Funnier part is I showed him a picture of my old 15 fitting in the back and he didnt believe it.

Fayetteville texas? We just went fishing there a couple weeks ago.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Archived