AMM-1 Doesn't seem accurate, anyone else?

i have an AMM1 and have tested several amps. I have just chalked it up as a BS tool. I've tried different wire sizes, different subs and all results were horrible. I metered the Sony radio with the "built in amp" and it yielded 1 watt on a 4Ω speaker then I put a 2Ω JBL speaker and it yielded 1 watt. I metered a Soundstream 2k and it yielded 500 watts on 2 DC Level 4 D1 subs wired to 1Ω. I tried one sub wired down to .5Ω to account for any sort of rise and it yielded 300 watts. these are just the most disappointing results. There are very few AMM1 owners as a whole so it hard to get any sort of trouble shooting or support. Since I install for a shop I thought I'd use this heck out of this thing but I can't b/c it simply just doesn't do what it's suppose to do. just simply reading voltage is a failure unless you get the exact wires with the exact polarity correct when probing for your reading. if polarity is backwards on a normal DMM it'll just put a "-" to indicate the probes are backwards while the AMM1 just displays nothing so you don't even know it's backwards, you'd just assume it's the wrong wires.

I'd be interested in a D'Amore explanation on this. A $400 tool not doing what it was intended to do should be a concern.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i have an AMM1 and have tested several amps. I have just chalked it up as a BS tool. I've tried different wire sizes, different subs and all results were horrible. I metered the Sony radio with the "built in amp" and it yielded 1 watt on a 4Ω speaker then I put a 2Ω JBL speaker and it yielded 1 watt. I metered a Soundstream 2k and it yielded 500 watts on 2 DC Level 4 D1 subs wired to 1Ω. I tried one sub wired down to .5Ω to account for any sort of rise and it yielded 300 watts. these are just the most disappointing results. There are very few AMM1 owners as a whole so it hard to get any sort of trouble shooting or support. Since I install for a shop I thought I'd use this heck out of this thing but I can't b/c it simply just doesn't do what it's suppose to do. just simply reading voltage is a failure unless you get the exact wires with the exact polarity correct when probing for your reading. if polarity is backwards on a normal DMM it'll just put a "-" to indicate the probes are backwards while the AMM1 just displays nothing so you don't even know it's backwards, you'd just assume it's the wrong wires.

I'd be interested in a D'Amore explanation on this. A $400 tool not doing what it was intended to do should be a concern.

what explanation is there? the tool works great. I don't doubt that Soundstream 2k is doing 500 watts on speakers. I hate to be the one to inform you that those amps have potential to be "one of those amps"...they aren't what they used to be if you catch my drift. I would like to see one on an AD-1. On speakers though, when they get to moving, they are not 1 ohm any more. Those subs could be as high as 6 or 7 ohms depending on the situation (while moving).

Anyway, Please read what Audiofanaticz was trying to tell you guys. Also, please read the book it comes with. As far as hooking it up backwards, don't do that. lol. Red to positive, black to negative. Easy. As far as hooking it up to test wattage, pos/neg dont matter since you are probing the speaker leads not the battery. Are you hooking positive, negative up to the battery and then running the speaker wire through the hole? Pos/neg need to be on speaker output AND one of the wires must pass through the hole at the same time. Not hooked up to the battery.

I use my AMM-1 all the time and have made several video's of it in action. If you truly feel your unit has a problem, i can replace it. If you hate it that much, send it back i will refund your money. Simple. But i will tell you this, the AMM-1 is one of my favorite tools and it is no BS.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Oh Steve, I'm definitely not talking down on the tool. I've been happy with the results I've seen and there are a few local guys that have them and we clamp results often. I have not seen it ever give wonky results. I've only seen it break hearts with how inefficient some dude's boxes are.

My response, if taken negatively or sarcastic at all, was aimed at FasFocus and his response, not the tool.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Oh Steve, I'm definitely not talking down on the tool. I've been happy with the results I've seen and there are a few local guys that have them and we clamp results often. I have not seen it ever give wonky results. I've only seen it break hearts with how inefficient some dude's boxes are.

My response, if taken negatively or sarcastic at all, was aimed at FasFocus and his response, not the tool.

His reply is not directed at you.

If there was an issue with a $400 tool not working properly would you really just say oh well its a BS device and not try to get it fixed or see what your doing wrong and instead go off on the internet talking bad about it?

Just rather odd imo.

There are people that cant even figure out how to use a DD-1 or read its manual and that tool is simple as it gets!

So I wouldn't be surprised if people are also not smart enough to read the AMM-1 manual and use that properly....

Just like people claiming their DD-1s don't work and they return them only for Steve to make a video testing them and they all working fine and resells them as used return units with the new owners having zero issues..

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

im just sad I could not get in on that pre christmas 25% off special.... :( .... so many people that I know do not even know about this tool and when I was telling them about it they were like fuck that it costs too much and I was like its very informitive and you can get it to pay for its self when you have to build 15 different enclosures because every 3 months you tweek something and I want it to show people that using a prefab box from a flea market will not get you where you want to be and those people trade out subs like wet socks