Slugger Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 I've never been happy in the past with the various $500-800 subwoofer/amp setups I have had with a single 12" sealed box woofer in my trunk so now I'm finally gonna throw some more cash at it and see if I'm happy. Please tell me how you think I should spend my money! I have around $1800-2000 to spend on subwoofers and an amp for my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I plan to remove the spare tire and use the tire well as a home for an MDF sub enclosure. My plan is to make a box myself to save costs. Here's what I think I'd like: SQL Sub(s) that will best utilize my space and fit in a box with exterior dimensions no larger than 31"x31"x11" (depth is limited) (that is the box size only, I have accounted for an additional 1-2" height for the driver surround) At this point I'm thinking of going with two 12s but feel free to make recommendations. When I go to the store and listen to a single 10" vs a single 12" sub in a small prefab ported enclosure the 12s always sound better to me. I want the sub to be primarily geared for daily use and music (SQ). I am not entering competitions. SPL is secondary to SQ but I do want it to be loud so I was planning to go w a ported box. I listen to pretty much everything from electronic to rock and country... I was planning to push the subs with a total of 2,000 or 3,000 watts RMS (Sundown Audio SVC2000D or SVC3000D or similar). Whatever is necessary to push them correctly... (I am buying the amp at the same time) I was thinking of going with a pair of Sundown Audio 12" Zv3s but feel free to recommend other companies or options. I am new to the higher-end sub market and don't know much other than I've never really been satisfied with the cheaper setups I have had in other small sealed boxes. If something else is better geared towards SQL than Sundown Audio please share your thoughts. I would like whatever provides the best value and performance for my taste, budget and space. I think I've given you all the info you need. If I left anything out please let me know. Thanks for the help!
Miguels Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 Fi car audio Q my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Miguels Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/q-series-q12/ my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
ckeeler11 Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 My .02 cents Subs http://www.woofersetc.com/c-23-subwoofers/c-34-12-subwoofers/p-11638-idmax12-v4-d4-image-dynamics-12-dual-4-ohm-idmax-v4-series-subwoofer.html Amp: http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-27-one-channel/p-12520-scv-3000d-sundown-audio-monoblock-3000w-rms-amplifier.html
CleanSierra Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 2 Crossfire C7s on a Crossfire C5 1700D. You'll have enough money left over to take a vacation to Hawaii. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 This will just turn into everyone's own opinion and you won't get any closer to deciding. Just do some research and pick out what you want on your own. Make sure you factor in electrical upgrades and all the little odds and ends stuff you'll need. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
CleanSierra Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 I feel like I spent his $2000 well Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
aculous Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 Probably want to tell people to give a recommendation and then why. Opt1: (may be out of the price range) Sub: Blues Car audio ISOKIT. Amp: Linear Power Amps. Love the amps, put out a ton of power way over their rated power. Blues has some of the nicest, well performing speakers/subs I think in Car Audio, listen to some hybrid audio drivers and Hertz. I think you will see why people buy them and keep them. Opt2: Sub: http://usspeaker.com/B&C-15PS100-1.htm Amp: http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-28-two-channel/p-11620-dc-752-zapco-2-channel-class-ab-full-range-amplifier.html B&C makes a great quality woofer and the sub is geared more for pro audio, which usually means high efficiency with lower xmax. Which is ok. Its a little bit big of a driver for your space but I think it would be doable. I have owned and do own a lot of Zapco products and love them. I would go class A or AB power if you can. Opt3: Sub: (2) http://usspeaker.com/lab12-1.htm Amp: http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-27-one-channel/p-12519-scv-2000d-sundown-audio-monoblock-2000w-rms-amplifier.html The Lab 12s and 15s were and are considered to be a great woofer. Mostly for home audio subs but they dig really low in the frequency range. Pair them with a amp that puts out more then their Max power and I think you will be happy (headroom). Opt4: Sub: http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/havoc-12-ascendant-audio-12-inch-1500w-havoc-series-subwoofer/ Amp: http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/ampere-audio-aa-2000-1-2000w-rms-monoblock-car-amplifier/ Ascendant Audio is the company that manufactures Mr. Meade's subs, I like the magnet and cooling structure and strong BL figures. Once it breaks in a bit (stiff suspension and such) I think it would be good for a all around sub. Not a sub I would really throw in the SQ realm at first glance but really SQ is about tunning...type of sub shouldn't matter, quality of components does and I think they have it dialed. Amp to power it that puts out good power at low ohm load...standard. Amperage is kinda new I guess...but people love their products so far. Opt5: Sub: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-um15-22-15-ultimax-dvc-subwoofer-2-ohms-per-coil--295-514 or http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=SDX12%20Single Amp: http://showtimeelectronics.com/shop/ampere-audio-aa-2000-1-2000w-rms-mono-block-car-audio-class-d-amplifieramp/ Dayton makes a ton a great drivers and if you are not going to push it too hard the ultimax is great and digs low in the frequency spectrum. Creative Sound Solutions has a great woofer and they run the xbl^2 motor which is renowned for being high quality and having good characteristics. I would take either. Match it with a good mono amp, threw in the Amperage again, its class D but really shouldn't matter to much in the bass spectrum...I know a lot of people will argue with me about that, which is fine. You gotta do what is the best for you.
diegoclass2010 Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 2 Crossfire C7s on a Crossfire C5 1700D. You'll have enough money left over to take a vacation to Hawaii. x2 on this
Massivespl Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-TA1-3000D-Tarantula-Watts-Amplifier/dp/B00C51Y2OW Nice budget amp. Check out gut shots in last pic^ c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.