Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Spend my $2,000 and make me happy


Slugger

Recommended Posts

Posted

Probably want to tell people to give a recommendation and then why.

Opt4:

Sub: http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/havoc-12-ascendant-audio-12-inch-1500w-havoc-series-subwoofer/

Amp: http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/ampere-audio-aa-2000-1-2000w-rms-monoblock-car-amplifier/

Ascendant Audio is the company that manufactures Mr. Meade's subs, I like the magnet and cooling structure and strong BL figures. Once it breaks in a bit (stiff suspension and such) I think it would be good for a all around sub. Not a sub I would really throw in the SQ realm at first glance but really SQ is about tunning...type of sub shouldn't matter, quality of components does and I think they have it dialed. Amp to power it that puts out good power at low ohm load...standard. Amperage is kinda new I guess...but people love their products so far.

IF it was me I would go with this... Then spend the rest on cocaine and hookers

Edit... Those subs can be found cheaper FYI

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

You should get "this" sub and "that" amp.

OrionWang - Please go troll elsewhere if you don't have valuable input...

Thanks to aculous and others who have helped with ideas and recomendations

Posted

Can you guys give me your thoughts on box design and placement?

So for an SUV I was planning on placing the sub enclosure in the spare tire well and firing the sub upwards. Since I drive the car daily I still need the cargo space so this would mean I need to put something over the box and driver so I still have a cargo floor. I thought I would just build the box to fill the spare tire well and then put some type of rubber "feet" or "spacers" on the top of the box so the factory tire well cover/cargo floor could just sit on top of the box. The well cover/cargo floor is a single sturdy removable piece that can be raised. I would leave a couple inches of clearance room for the driver to fire into the under side of the well cover/cargo floor. Since the well cover/cargo floor will be elevated several inches from it's factory position there will be plenty of open space around the sides and edges for the sound waves to radiate out into the cabin. I was not really planning to put anything around the edges of the well cover/cargo floor or make it a true "false floor". I was just going to elevate the big piece of flooring which would create space all around the edges...

Does this sound like a good idea? Have you known people to do this with good results? Is it OK to fire the subs upwards into the bottom of the tire well cover/cargo floor a couple inches away?

And if so, if I use a ported box should the port face to the rear of the vehicle? This will mean it is down in the tire well facing the rear tire well wall. Is this OK? Is their a recommended clearance space between the port and the rear wall of the tire well?

Posted

How about this, Go fuck yourself. Why don't you choose your own shit? Everyone has a favorite, what good is 100 different answers to your question?

Wasn't trolling, these types of threads are normally frowned upon.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Going to be muffled and probably sound like shit with the spare tire cover installed. Unless you only plan to use the cover when you're actually hauling items on the rear, I'd consider a different location.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2936 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...