Sonic Electronix

Maybe time for a wall soon?

I run half ohm daily on an amp that puts out 5-6K and I don't have much $$ invested.

I also beat the shit out of my equipment daily, for extended periods of time. I don't see the validity in either argument you're making. Suggesting got a guy that is about to wall his vehicle to run his amp at two ohms is like telling a dragster to "keep it in second gear".

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Lol, so you are saying I would have been better off running 4 amps that put out 3500W at 2ohm each than my 4 doing 3500 at .5? Do you have any idea how much that shit would cost compared to what I paid for my amps and electrical? It's almost always people with a little bullshit 2kw system saying to do stuff like that.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

This is your most cost effective .5OHM stable amp.

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/sound-magus-vs3500-1-high-performance-class-d-5-ohm-stable-mono-bass-amplifiers/

According to the AD-1 dyno, it got 3930w @ .5OHM on the certified test with 1% distortion and 13.95V.

Lol, so you are saying I would have been better off running 4 amps that put out 3500W at 2ohm each than my 4 doing 3500 at .5? Do you have any idea how much that shit would cost compared to what I paid for my amps and electrical? It's almost always people with a little bullshit 2kw system saying to do stuff like that.

Explain to me how the amount of wattage a system has, has anything to do with someone running their equipment smartly rather than try and squeeze every little thing they can out of it? Absolutely nothing. So thank you for the uncalled for attempt at an insult, but I'll stick to the efficient way to keep the electronics I like safe and efficient and producing the exact same power you'd be getting if you had an amp that put out 2k @.5

I run half ohm daily on an amp that puts out 5-6K and I don't have much $$ invested.

I also beat the shit out of my equipment daily, for extended periods of time. I don't see the validity in either argument you're making. Suggesting got a guy that is about to wall his vehicle to run his amp at two ohms is like telling a dragster to "keep it in second gear".

The validity is the term of life for equipment that is being stressed with heat and pushing everything it can for extended periods of time over and over, versus the term of life for equipment that doesn't have to work as hard to make the same power, doesn't have the heat from drawing more current than it was designed for and being pushed to do more work than it was designed for.

And that comparison is apples and oranges. Not even close to each other unless the dragster can win in second gear as he can in 4th or 5th or 6th depending on the car. Because you can get the same exact power from an amp that makes it at 2ohm compared to an amp that makes it at .5ohm.

Anyways op, the point I was making originally is you shouldn't wire under 1ohm. It is more stressful to the amp over time. I personally like my equipment to last as long as possible, without having to repair it. And if I don't want it anymore, it still works and I can sell it for a decent price.

So my suggestion is run at 2ohm if you buy two more D4's. Or, sell your two D4's and buy four D2's and run your amp at 1ohm.

Edit: typo fixed

Anyways op, the point I was making originally is you shouldn't wire under 1ohm. It is more stressful to the amp over time. I personally like my equipment to last as long as possible, without having to repair it. And if I don't want it anymore, it still works and I can sell it for a decent price.

So my suggestion is run at 2ohm if you buy two more D4's. Or, sell your two D4's and buy four D1's and run your amp at 1ohm.

what about running 2 1 ohm stable amps, one to each pair?

So my suggestion is run at 2ohm if you buy two more D4's. Or, sell your two D4's and buy four D1's and run your amp at 1ohm.

That is also an option. And one that is probably cheaper than a single amp at 2ohms. Just remember that they must be gain matched, and if you use the filters on the amplifiers they should be matched as well.

That is also an option. And one that is probably cheaper than a single amp at 2ohms. Just remember that they must be gain matched, and if you use the filters on the amplifiers they should be matched as well.

yeah i figure if im going to do the wall itd be good to buy the appropriate gain matching smd tool, which would be what btw?

Archived