Pioneer NEX units with Andriod Auto

I am looking into a Double Din because I really want to have a screen unit. However I am finding it hard to justify the cost difference between the 4100NEX and the 7100NEX. I understand the fluidness of the 7100's navigation may be much better but how much? I only occasionally use navigation so it's not a huge thing for me. I have read a few reviews on amazon and the Android auto has improved since it the 4100 was released and apparently it works 100% better now compared to when this unit was released.

Things I wonder, can the android auto navigation be used while the audio continues to play?

Is the integration pretty seem less with android auto, mainly I use Pandora, Rapsody and other music apps I do not for see using it for video but that is a possibility via netflix on my phone.

So if anyone has an experience with these NEX units and android auto please chime in, as I am looking to buy in the next few months or sooner depending on what my research finds.

Thanks

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

rumor is nex8000 should be receiving an update to apply android auto as well..just saying one might be in f/s section ... :good:

I am looking into a Double Din because I really want to have a screen unit. However I am finding it hard to justify the cost difference between the 4100NEX and the 7100NEX. I understand the fluidness of the 7100's navigation may be much better but how much? I only occasionally use navigation so it's not a huge thing for me. I have read a few reviews on amazon and the Android auto has improved since it the 4100 was released and apparently it works 100% better now compared to when this unit was released.

Things I wonder, can the android auto navigation be used while the audio continues to play?

Is the integration pretty seem less with android auto, mainly I use Pandora, Rapsody and other music apps I do not for see using it for video but that is a possibility via netflix on my phone.

So if anyone has an experience with these NEX units and android auto please chime in, as I am looking to buy in the next few months or sooner depending on what my research finds.

Thanks

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I need a new head unit, and I'm also an Android fan. But I'm worried that the double din "screen units" take minutes to boot up. Is this true?

And, how are these head units for remembering what they last played? If I left my car streaming Bluetooth Audio will it pick back up on the same track without me having to tell it so?

I need a new head unit, and I'm also an Android fan. But I'm worried that the double din "screen units" take minutes to boot up. Is this true?

And, how are these head units for remembering what they last played? If I left my car streaming Bluetooth Audio will it pick back up on the same track without me having to tell it so?

Bluetooth usually picks back up on the track you were playing.

It takes a lil while to boot up. Sometimes it's fast sometimes it takes two minutes

• 2 weeks later...

well ive just purchased this unit and mine boots up with 10-15 secs ive had no problem im still learning it as well is it worth the money yes and now reason being is just because it has navigation doesn't mean it should be so high in price but I live by the saying you get what you pay for so yeah I think its a great buy

Archived