3k is generally meant fog lights. You know, when there is fog on the road, and those bulbs that are closer to the ground that you can turn on manually. Those are what you would want the 3k for. 4300K is the purest white light, and you don't lose any lumens due to color. Go further past that and you start to loose lumens. I've had 8k and 6k. I like 6K better personally because they were a hair brighter.

Yes 55W bulbs have a shorter lifespan and have a lower color value than their 35W counter part, but they don't "change" over their lifespan that much. As long as you have quality bulbs. The flipside is that you do have lot more light output. A great site to go to for HID bulbs is The Retrofit Source. Their shit is on par

So to be clear, 3k for fogs would actually help visibility. More than a 4300k? Correct, cause I mean I love white and blue like I said, but I choose functionality over appearence any day.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

3k is generally meant for fog lights. You know, when there is fog on the road, and those bulbs that are closer to the ground that you can turn on manually. Those are what you would want the 3k for. 4300K is the purest white light, and you don't lose any lumens due to color. Go further past that and you start to loose lumens. I've had 8k and 6k. I like 6K better personally because they were a hair brighter.

Yes 55W bulbs have a shorter lifespan and have a lower color value than their 35W counter part, but they don't "change" over their lifespan that much. As long as you have quality bulbs. The flipside is that you do have lot more light output. A great site to go to for HID bulbs is The Retrofit Source. Their shit is on par

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Why halogens are even still used I really wonder, may as well be holding an oil lamp, having said that I do need projectors but at 550 ish a set for mine (Crown Vic) ....it's going to be a fucking while.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

3k is generally meant for fog lights. You know, when there is fog on the road, and those bulbs that are closer to the ground that you can turn on manually. Those are what you would want the 3k for. 4300K is the purest white light, and you don't lose any lumens due to color. Go further past that and you start to loose lumens. I've had 8k and 6k. I like 6K better personally because they were a hair brighter.

I smell ass.. Smart ass. :fing34:

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

You called a spade a spade, good call :hi:

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

In washington anything with a ballast that isn't factory is illegal. So HID's LED's whatever. Typically though if you run under 8ks they don't get noticed. I use 6k LED's and haven't had any grief from cops yet.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

It's illegal under federal law to modify headlights, so anything you do that makes it not a factory type setup is illegal.

For good reason too in most cases.

you guys either don't realize or don't care how badly hid's in an improper housing blind other drivers on the road.

It's like having the brightest high beams you've ever seen shining at you.

If you're going to do it buy the proper headlights to do it or properly retrofit your housings with good projectors.

Also speaking of projectors not all projectors are meant for hids.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived