Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

I'm pretty sure alpine hasn't used coaxials since high school

this is pretty true statement lol...

I did use coaxial components it was a set that the center pole piece could be changed from a bullet to a screw top to make the component set into coax the tweet would then screw into the new pole piece if needed

they were a cheap set that sounded really good I love the fact that I had the option to make them componets/coax if needed

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

on axis or off?

I just installed these in my daily and they do get the job done they just have a big mounting ring

Best of axis performance with the best price you will find on that site

on axis = facing you

of axis is like in pillars or doors where the tweeters are more pointing at each other

^^^I almost pulled the trigger on those but decided against since they were 4 ohm and didn't want to overpower them.

I have a processor that is easy to control the output.... plus they can take way more clean power then advertised just like subs

^^^I almost pulled the trigger on those but decided against since they were 4 ohm and didn't want to overpower them.

I have a processor that is easy to control the output.... plus they can take way more clean power then advertised just like subs

Yeah, a local friend is running the Dayton I posted on like double rated and he says he wouldn't feel unsafe sending even more.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

What's your budget for the tweets?

I mean whatever. lol $100 enough or need more? Or less? Those dayton are like 16 a piece if I recall (or close) So I guess whatever works good with em man

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I have an ext cab silverado but no rear stage. Take a look towards the end on my build log. Full range and tweets in the a pillar and midbass in the doors. Best I've had yet

Well forgive me.. But I have looked all day wheres your build log? loll

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I have an ext cab silverado but no rear stage. Take a look towards the end on my build log. Full range and tweets in the a pillar and midbass in the doors. Best I've had yet

Well forgive me.. But I have looked all day wheres your build log? loll

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163860-tonastys-silverado-1st-usalternators-in

Dollarbilz has a real nice set of pillars in his Silverado too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Not bad I think

IMG_20160126_174102.jpg

Op alot of great suggestions in here I think buying a complete 3 way component set is your best bet and use the passive crossover they come with.just throwing in a 3" or 4" in the mix with out properly crossingbit over with rest of system it will hurt more.

Not bad I think

IMG_20160126_174102.jpg

Op alot of great suggestions in here I think buying a complete 3 way component set is your best bet and use the passive crossover they come with.just throwing in a 3" or 4" in the mix with out properly crossingbit over with rest of system it will hurt more.

Finally. My browser has been bogged all day. (This isn't the three way component set type your talking about? http://precisionpower.com/product/bf-653/ (Took ACT today so brain is fogged so forgive me for anything just completely stupid.) or you mean like http://precisionpower.com/product/bc-65/) I think that second one is what you mean.) So tell me, if I bought an amp for the a pillar mids and an amp for the tweets that would go in the pillars, I could correctly cross them over though right?

Are kicks worth it? I mean they look great to me,

But here is literally all I want, I want some decent sounding mid bass from the doors, like my gfs factory stystem ( I know factory stuff is or can be junk, but I mean the thump ya know? I want that. And then up front in the windshield I want it just rock concert clear just perfect. Then of course my subs got the rest covered, which I think I'm gonna talk to Sierra about a cut sheet cause man his box.. <3 I wouldn't mind doing a single 15 in the center if I could some how keep my center console, if it had to go then oh well.. But yeah, I want great sound and price isn't really that BIG of a deal, a hundered here ot so per set of speakers, and then amps are just whatever ya know? I thought I had knowlegde in this area but with every passong day I'm on here I learn I know less and less. So I fully submit my self to all you elders of this field and ask for guidance in everything I question loll

Archived