Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

Trying load vid here's PPI passive,I know its a vid dosent do justice.

th_VID_20150412_104505634.jpg

Sound pretty good in the vid. They look well place in that location. Working on something similar but just started, be a slow side project.

I just got these yesterday. Side project for wife's Malibu. Almost have a cardboard template finished, but this is close to the location i was thinking.

IMG_2573_zpsnamqdlyc.jpg

These are Focal 4" Component set. Kind of big, with a mounting depth of 2" +. This could be tricky.

IMG_2571_zpsfecgvppq.jpg

I just got these yesterday. Side project for wife's Malibu. Almost have a cardboard template finished, but this is close to the location i was thinking.

IMG_2573_zpsnamqdlyc.jpg

These are Focal 4" Component set. Kind of big, with a mounting depth of 2" +. This could be tricky.

IMG_2571_zpsfecgvppq.jpg

Those look really nice.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'd go lower

Gotcha, know any videos of the top of your head where they walk through this step by step? I've watched several times other videos, but they dont say what something is, or what they're using, or how to complete this or that step cause they trim the video and all that jazz.. I need like a full on walkthrough for this. Like one I'd look up for Destiny or BO III Zombies Easter Egg lol

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

IMG_2573_zpsnamqdlyc.jpg

IMG_2571_zpsfecgvppq.jpg

I went through the whole rockford malibu build log lol. How did you get that box to shine like you did? I know you wet sanded but, like what grits and then, like all that. Step by step?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Go lower for sure, you want to get them as far forward as you can.

It help if you make the templates with the pillars still in the truck, otherwise you might make a them so they won't fit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Go lower for sure, you want to get them as far forward as you can.

It help if you make the templates with the pillars still in the truck, otherwise you might make a them so they won't fit.

I see.. Hum.. How angled do I want them towards me? or center point in the cab I should say correct?

The best thing to do would be to have the speakers first so you can wire them up to low power and play with positioning.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived