Car audio and light mechanics use drill impact driver ?

So I'm wanting to get a drill / impact drill driver for my toolbox. It's going to be an occasional used item for when I get called out to fix someone's car audio system , as I have job security here in orlando unF'ing some of these installs that these fly by night hack shops put out or their homeboy in the hood thought he was qualified to install, anyways I would also like one for use when working on my vehicles such as alternators and water pumps and other light stuff like that , for taking off and putting onl bolts , and don't worry hand tightening will be done at the end. I see steve uses a small dewalt one in his videos but I don't know which exact model he uses. It's going to spend most of its life on the toolbox, but I'd like something that's not going to crap out like a harbor freight in a year or two.

an impact driver should be in every installers toolbox. i got a ridgid one and love it. only cost $80 when they were on sale. strongest they made.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-1-4-in-Cordless-Impact-Driver-Kit-R86035SB/206149871

All these years I've ran the Amish drill method , by hand lol.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-12-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-LCT209W/202945283

Pretty much the only ones I use. Bout the only time I use my 18v i when the others are charging.

IMG_20150103_194631_zpshqg1t1ze.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yeah I was looking to pick up one of those too Bill.

I just bought a Milwaukee impact and drill set. I have dewalt as well. I prefer the Milwaukee because it's lighter, and just does the job well. I've had ridgid too, but they broke too quickly. I used to be a contractor so i needed solid tools, and you'll find in my shop most of it is Ridgid from my business days, but their impacts suck in my opinion. They just don't last. I switched to Dewalt and never had a problem, and now that I'm not in business anymore I was looking for something a little lighter duty, and the Milwaukee is where it's at as far as I'm concerned.

I've heard good things about Makita too, but just never bought into them. I think maybe price was an issue. I'm not exactly sure.

Not sure what you're needing for mechanics parts of it, but I also picked up the Milwaukee 12v 3/8" cordless ratchet, and I LOVE IT!! They have a 1/4" and I think a 1/2" too, but the 3/8" does well.

That's my input.

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-impact-driverswrenches-impact-drivers-dcf815s2.aspx

That's part of the Dewalt kit I use. We have the 12v drill, impact, and multiposition sawzall, flashlight, the 12/20v charger, and the 1/2 inch drive MAC/Dewalt 20v impact. Only thing we lack, is a 20v impact. But we also have an 18v Milwaulkee drill/impact combo that I really like.

My whole thought is, you get what you pay for. I've used the shit out of both our Dewalt and Milwaulkee stuff. Especially the 20v 1/2 inch drive impact when we decide to have shenanigan night and have to swap street tires to radials on the side of the road. Pick your favorite color, is what I say.

Link to the dewalt kit we have... http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCK413S2-12-Volt-4-Tool-Combo/dp/B007P0DE8I

for $250 it's just about the best deal you can get. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up like 2 or 3 extra batteries though. It comes with 2 or 3 I think

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_254285-70-DCF885C2_0__?productId=3441518

I love my 20v DeWalt, I got mine with the drill and it was on sale so it was a little cheaper.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived