Second Skin Audio

NOT A VS THREAD!

Here's a suggestion. The weather is starting to warm up and tons of Car audio events are starting. Go get a few demos and see if that helps any with your decision as far as brand. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

From the trunk eliminating the gains made by cutting and/or porting through the deck or seat and sealing off from the trunk and firing into the cab it really limits what any woofer will do back there. Again, not saying you cant have a nice system but throwing a $500 1kw sub or a $150 1kw sub in that environment isnt going to = wow.

I've had a single 12 sound amazing and hit the highs and lows just right. Sure kicker fans may have thought, "damn that sounds nice, what is that? two 15s?" But in reality it was probably barely in the mid to high 120s on a meter - Maybe low 130's on a magic day at the right frequency.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Love DD never had any complaints ,They are more then most other subs but u get what u pay for ,also sundown has very good subs. But DD can take a lot of abuse.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Yes.

Build enclosure that fits as tight as possible to the opening behind the folded down seats.

Design trim panel to glue and screw to front of enclosure baffle that fits around the outer edge of the trunk opening.

Glue and screw to enclosure baffle. Insert enclosure from inside the cabin of the vehicle. Use butyl rope or other adhesive sealer around the edge of the trim panel in order to seal off air from the trunk, that is fairly easy to clean up when the time comes to remove it.

Just how I would do it in your situation.

Edit: if you intend to ever use the back seats, then you must make a trim panel that fits from the inside of the trunk versus from the inside of the cabin, but using the same method to seal off.

Reedal, I hate to be that guy, but I'm a visual learner :/ I think I get the idea, but I'd need to see it before I bit the bullet and went for it. Also, yes, I'd like to be able to fold the seats up when needed, and use the trunk somewhat functionally lol the wife would kill me if I came home with a completely useless trunk! ;)

What is your reference point for "WOW" is it that 8" in a sealed box or do you have a buddy with a couple of 12" Kickers in his truck? WOW is relative term and different for everyone. if this is your first system and you do not have alot of listening experience you would probably better off buying a cheaper sub and working on the box and install. You will still get a wow feeling because a lot of people do not have the experience with really loud systems.

I can tell you "WOW' for me is a daily set up with a couple of 12" SSD's, SA's, or Gcons at 15oo to 2k. Clean install and a proper tuning. Id be smiling everytime i drove to work.

Reedal, I hate to be that guy, but I'm a visual learner :/ I think I get the idea, but I'd need to see it before I bit the bullet and went for it. Also, yes, I'd like to be able to fold the seats up when needed, and use the trunk somewhat functionally lol the wife would kill me if I came home with a completely useless trunk! ;)

I believe Wicks has a clean sealed off trunk, look at his build log.

Archived