Lithium batteries

i remember reading somewhere that there is only one company that currently makes the lithium cells capable of the discharge and charge rates that the XS power and Juice box have, and by that meaning they both have the same internals (cell wise, not balancing cause i know thats what XS brags about). other people were all talking about how they have been using lithiums in their RC cars and what not, but those have slow charge rates, ill try to find the thread...

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

shit i found it!

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/204561-who-wants-know-about-xs-lithium-4.html

someone brought up using hobby king RC batteies and "shizzon" (hes a vendor over there, pretty knowledgable) had the answer i was looking for. heres the jist of it

Hobby king doesnt sell the cells you'd want for car audio.

I can build a setup with no needed protection i'd personally need that could do ~4,500A continuous to maintain 11.6v from full charge (50,000w+) for a few minutes with just a few smaller agms to tag along for under $4,000.

The weight would be under 200lbs in cells.

There are MANY choices but for the best in high discharge without sacrificing cycle life nearly as much and maintaining high usable voltage, A123 is the only choice.

If you are ok with the typical LiFePO4 high output "capable" cells which are basically 3-5C usable discharge and up to 10C burst.. those are slightly cheaper but will end up costing more if you need massive banks of them for longterm demoing without full alternator support.

there is also another thread i read in which a guy stated that even the "lithium ion" cells that were sold as racing batteries for XS power years ago were actually LiFePO4, im not sure if its true but theres lots of evidence towards it.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

But wouldnt you want to advertise your batteries being LiFePO4 if they are, and not just Lithium Ion?

The Lithium Ion is what scares me and seeing that alone is a instant NOPE if I was looking to buy a lithium battery, and would start looking into alternatives that are LiFePO4.

Shizzon lol kid is local to me. Not impressed.

If you guys want more info on these batteries check out e bike and solar power vehicle forums

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

The only place I know of is overseas called ev power

The ones in the video I'm not 100% on way they are but they are similar in style to calb cells

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

www.batteryspace.com has quite a few of them ...

http://www.batteryspace.com/12-8v-lifepo4-battery-packs-from-19.8ah-to-200ah.aspx

Do you have a link to where you can buy the ones you posted the video of?

The only place I know of is overseas called ev power
The ones in the video I'm not 100% on way they are but they are similar in style to calb cells

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

• 3 weeks later...

have you guys heard any news about the risk of using these batteries in hot weather; living in AZ and wanting to buy one, thoughts?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

88 degrees when I got in the car to leave work today. Windows down no ac let everything cool down a coulpe of minutes before I hammer on it! My jb has not giving me any problems.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback