Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Doing a "half wall" in a Colorado. July like any of my builds this one will be a slow one. Onto the good stuff. System will consist of a the following equipment.

Pioneer SPH - DA130

Audison Voce 6.5s (front doors)

CDT 4 CL-42 SL (a-pillars)

FSD 125.4 (going passive)

FSD 2600.1

2 15" Fi Qs (will be running a 1 ohm load)

Audio Control EriCenter

Audio Control 6XS

4 XS Power XP750's

While I wait on some stuff, I got started on the a-pillars.

Made my own templates.

108E5329-FB79-4A61-92A5-B6D4F7BC69C3.jpg

2A5DC2EC-C526-4447-8E24-FBAB2325F34D.jpg

249B0457-00ED-4FC3-9E7A-9D378F6770FA.jpg

7D90794D-AFD8-4A2B-A1E3-C6FBCCC40B59.jpg

F0FD18AF-06EA-413C-ABCA-3B3DB2C3BDAC.jpg

4DB0EB78-C5A4-44FE-BC80-B4D076FF1262.jpg

I left off there today. Tomorrow I'll throw some matting on them and let the real fun begin. Ahhhh how I'm soooo NOT looking forward to sanding.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Posted

Looks nice man. Doing the same for the wife Malibu using Focal Comps. Tuned in to how yours turns out. Keep up the good work.

Posted

Got some more done on them, forgot how much of a pita it is working with glass.

40F78BF8-12D5-4587-8CFD-26182C169FD9.jpg

CD9242DD-CB4E-4CE3-918B-6E8A648C1888.jpg

66A8EAEA-D05C-41FC-B645-504AE6658186.jpg

So I laid 2 coats of the fiberglassed reinforced filler, and that's what I was left with. Time for some UPol flyweight filler. This is my last coat for the day, i think this is the third one. Tomorrow morning I'll sand a little with the orbital and the rest will be by hand ?

D5E1E825-A3F8-4E2D-B78D-421935BF070A.jpg

EE31F35D-AF8D-4333-8B96-A676E55F6116.jpg

95AB8365-1E8C-444C-A983-5A5E6A67391A.jpg

7E6650A0-1422-4238-B83A-7EA8F0AB3B5B.jpg

2E08434B-92D3-4D04-8A9F-3B3DE0F1D827.jpg

Hopefully I'm done tomorrow morning. These will be getting sprayed with bedliner, per my buddies request, so I guess they don't have to be 100% perfect but I know I'll kick my self in the ass later on if I don't make sure theye both smooth as butter.

Side note: the UPol flyweight is really easy to sand, at the price point I really like it. Think it was like 36 bucks for the gallon. Thanks to whoever recommended it.

Subs came in yesterday:

4C91862D-2E9B-4213-87B0-CAE84170805C.jpg

BFC802E6-BF0C-442E-91DD-06C3D6BCE42D.jpg

72ACEBA8-BEE9-4C40-ADB1-3254ED63816F.jpg

924F3435-4D22-4E2C-81BD-77CC69269EB3.jpg

Im really feeling the black fi sticker, small things like that matter to me lol. Anyway they're fully loaded and ready for their new home.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Posted

You never told me you can do pillars, Max.

You for hire? LOL

Shit, I wish I had enough time to make some extra cash. Don't have much free time these days Ken. I.e. Been working on these for a few weeks.

Looks nice man. Doing the same for the wife Malibu using Focal Comps. Tuned in to how yours turns out. Keep up the good work.

I really liked these CDT's because of the mounting depth, they're really shallow. These will be crossed at 300hz, so I'm hoping they'll sound good. Good luck on yours.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1456 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...