Bad wire choice i believe..... And options?

Whats the point of the plastic core?

To rip you off

not really look at the pics the Monster cable has the biggest diameter of all the wire they make it bigger because of the plastic core so you still get a good amount of the wire

what is the purpose of the plastic I have no Idea but when I ran it there was something about it being magnetized for some reason. I found that to be BS

As for soldering the Wire is braided in 5 braids iirc its is VERY simple to move the braids cut the core out then put the wire back to its original form

then you can solder no problems

I think its crazy how much you guys are way over thinking this wire

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

To rip you off

not really look at the pics the Monster cable has the biggest diameter of all the wire they make it bigger because of the plastic core so you still get a good amount of the wire

what is the purpose of the plastic I have no Idea but when I ran it there was something about it being magnetized for some reason. I found that to be BS

As for soldering the Wire is braided in 5 braids iirc its is VERY simple to move the braids cut the core out then put the wire back to its original form

They call it a magnetic Flux tube and claim it increases the current carrying capabilities.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

To rip you off

As soon as I saw you had experience with it I jumped on it. I trust the heavyweights in the game ?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

To rip you off

They call it a magnetic Flux tube and claim it increases the current carrying capabilities.

ya but when I cut a good 3 inch piece and put it up to a magnet it fell to the ground how is plastic magnetic? thats the part I found to be BS

other then that like I said its OFC wire 1/0.... the plastic makes it less flexible and needs to be cut out for amp imputs and soldering are the only draw backs

its good wire. I used a whole spool because I got one hell of a deal on it and would do it again if I needed it.

now if there was not a deal and other more flexible wire was available I would not pick the monster cable you will notice how much thicker it is then 1/0 when running it

What is the general community consensus on the use of welding cabe instead of cable sold for car audio? I can get 1/0 OFC 105deg rated welding cable of about 3.26 a foot but i can only get 1/0 sold for car audio for about 11.50 a foot(this is from a trusted shop that would not screw me I think). Is there something Im missing here like the only disadvantage is weding cable will not be as flexabule. thank you for your time

Alot of people (including myself) use welding cable. Its made compliant to industrial standards and give amperage ratings on their gauge sizes. They are made to true AWG standards. I perfer welding cable over "car audio" cable, to each their own. Call ur local welding supply shops to see how much they sell per foot. FYI i dont know of ANY audio shops selling power wire for over $10 a foot as you stated..... You can buy 1/0 welding cable for about $2 or less a foot on E-bay all day long...

SORRY OP FOR THREAD JACKING

To rip you off

I mean you just stated the only reason its bigger is because of the plastic so its just a marketing gimmick to make their wire appear larger than the rest when its not. I can't argue the price if it works it works.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I can agree with that^^^^^^. It is a gimmick. Oversized but because of plastic in the middle. So basically like a regular 1/0 . So 1.80 shipped for new OFC is not a horrible deal I guess.

Still learning but have started gathering.

To rip you off

I mean you just stated the only reason its bigger is because of the plastic so its just a marketing gimmick to make their wire appear larger than the rest when its not. I can't argue the price if it works it works.

Yes it is bigger because of the plastic but they are not ripping you off.... ripping you off would be the same size of the other 1/0 and stuffing that plastic in there

Archived