gizmo1 Posted April 23, 2016 Report Posted April 23, 2016 So let me start off by saying I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section I didn't know if I should post here or in amplifier section but I am having trouble finding a place to mount my amp so I am going to use the box as a second to last resort. Box is for 2 15" DC level 3 m2.1's so I'm guessing its going to be a decent amount of vibration going on. I don't feel like rubber spacers will be enough I would like to design a amp rack that mounts to the box but with some sort of spacers so its not directly on the box and use this in combination with rubber feet and maybe some sort of spring suspension/shock absorbing design. Would like help brainstorming either somewhere else to mount amp or a safer way to mount the amp to the box. Vehicle is 87 Bronco and box takes up damn near all cargo space. I can post pics tomorrow if needed.
Clownrock95 Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 some will say just mount it to the box some will say use soft rubber spacers some will say mount it anywhere exept the box im in the group of soft rubber bushings
Mr DeeBeez Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 I have had a few systems with amps mounted to the box with rubber spacers and haven't had a single issue. Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
hdorre Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 Ive had 11 amps mounted to my box. The fact that my new amp is going to be mounted to my box again may say something. I feel like the box should be one of the strongest things in/on the car, however. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 Really it doesn't matter, if you look at what the bass does to the rest of the car. There is no where you can mount it that it will escape the vibrations. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Polar Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
Wehan Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 Not as punishing as your lvl 3's but you get the point.
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 Not all boxes are created equal. If it's solid you can be ok. Some people have issues and some don't, I don't think this is one of those scenarios where there is a general rule to follow since there are differences in every install Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
im_quagmire Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 Never had an issue with being mounted to the box. But as stated above, if your box is solid, you're good to go. But What Do I Know? 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8 JVC KD-R975BTS Clarion EQS746 Kenwood P907PS Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1 Ampere Audio 2000.1 MB Quart Onyx 800.4 XS Power D3400 - Hood XS Power D975 - Trunk Singer 240A Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
OrionStang Posted April 26, 2016 Report Posted April 26, 2016 Really it doesn't matter, if you look at what the bass does to the rest of the car. There is no where you can mount it that it will escape the vibrations. Thank you. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.