Sonic Electronix

UPDATE: NEW DD?! dedicated audio vehicle

UPDATE: So instead of buying a vehicle for audio I think it may be easier and cheaper to find a DD for cheap cheap to buy since my Tahoe is already a nice platform to work with for audio, all that work and money putting shit tons of sound deadeners, interior removal, wires ran, HU, etc. etc. It's basically done and ready for a build............ANYWAY, looking around for a cheap cheap DD, a guy at work, that I went to highschool with has this posted

"1999 Acura CL, good for first time driver. 2.3 Liter Vtec with a five speed manual transmission, has 172,XXX miles, runs and drives great. Has newer tires, new battery, alternator, fuel pump, and new CD player. $2,000 OBO"

Depending if it's decent or not I was thinking of offering him $1500 depending on condition, and after a test drive of course. Thoughts?! (obviously it depends on condition and if/what is wrong with it) I have known this guy since kids, he usually has like 5 nice vehicles he drives around, Built GTO, custom conversion van, new full size Jeep SUV, etc. so he is kind of a car guy or whatever you want to call him, not a mechanic per-say but into automobiles...

EDIT: I dont plan on doing ANYTHING audio related to the DD, just straight buy and drive, one project is enough

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Tahoe is a solid platform, that's probably a smart move. As for a daily I think a Honda is truthfully about the most practical car you can chose on a budget. I'd check it out. Just make extra sure it's in good condition, no fun having to dump major money into a car just to get it on the road.

Seems like I see exploders get pretty loud?? Can't hardly throw a rock without hitting one for sale, usually for dirt cheap. That or a XJ/WJ if you wanted to do something not Chevy.

lol a team mate has 4 Zv4 Rev 2 15s on 2 Nendo 3500s in his Exploder. With absolutely NO testing/modding, he spit out a 57 and change. Makes no sense.

Raul's (ProMaxx) Exploder sounded great as well.

dual alts runs into a bit of a pain on a 4.0 iirc. it can be done but doubtful you'll have AC afterwards. trans are kinda shit to depending on what you get

Get a V8 for sure. 4.0 is great if you aren't adding a ton of audio weight, but I'd want the tq for hauling shit around. 5.0 is obviously a beast and the 4.6 is a great option imo.

For real, been thinking about buying an exploder to drive in the winter....and maybe get a little loud with.

UPDATE: So instead of buying a vehicle for audio I think it may be easier and cheaper to find a DD for cheap cheap to buy since my Tahoe is already a nice platform to work with for audio, all that work and money putting shit tons of sound deadeners, interior removal, wires ran, HU, etc. etc. It's basically done and ready for a build............ANYWAY, looking around for a cheap cheap DD, a guy at work, that I went to highschool with has this posted

"1999 Acura CL, good for first time driver. 2.3 Liter Vtec with a five speed manual transmission, has 172,XXX miles, runs and drives great. Has newer tires, new battery, alternator, fuel pump, and new CD player. $2,000 OBO"

Depending if it's decent or not I was thinking of offering him $1500 depending on condition, and after a test drive of course. Thoughts?! (obviously it depends on condition and if/what is wrong with it) I have known this guy since kids, he usually has like 5 nice vehicles he drives around, Built GTO, custom conversion van, new full size Jeep SUV, etc. so he is kind of a car guy or whatever you want to call him, not a mechanic per-say but into automobiles...

EDIT: I dont plan on doing ANYTHING audio related to the DD, just straight buy and drive, one project is enough

Talked to him about this, mechanically right now everything works but I know it would only be a matter of time before it would nickel and dime a guy. I wouldn't fix the little shit that went wrong. Just looking for a cheap reliable beater to roll around in with good gas mileage and a 5 speed and this fits the bill, buying from someone you know helps too. It has a little rust but it would be parked outside anyway so not a concern of mine. I would like to buy a much new Honda or something but since it has to sit outside I cant justify 20k sitting there in the elements.

Thoughts? Is this an ok vehicle or no? newer tires, alt, battery, and HU. as of right now nothing wrong with it mechanically, he has owned it 6 years.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I wouldn't be scared to buy a honda with high miles sounds like he takes care of it. My integra I had for my first car had 180k when I bought and I didn't drive it nice being my first car lol. Sold it with 220k for same price I bought it. And it still ran great. I would try to stay away from older Hondas with automatic or triptonic transmissions or whatever they are called.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Wanna fly to OKC and drive an Acura back?

have a friend in Lawton that has an 05, 06, Acura TL with like 140k on it. 6 speed, was wanting like $6k or so. Nice car. loaded like a typical acura....

I can get in contact with him.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I would get it (your buddies car) and change the timing belt and water pump and run it. It might end up needing a ball joint or tie rod end or something but all in all those cars are hard to kill.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived