Smaller pulley. Doesn't need a smaller belt.

just as easy to replace the belt as it would be an idler. Would still have to take the belt off, either way.

and fuck doing an alt in a 4cyl escape. even a 3.0l v6 one. not a fun task to do.

And that is the one I ahve lol

It sounds like he tried different belts so the next cheapest option is a oversized pulley , and those alt's suck and they are very common for going bad they get overheated back at the bottom of the motor , newer versions have a air tube that feeds air to it to try to keep it cool.

He didn't, I asked him. He tried 1, wasn't tight enough. Tried another, didn't squeal. Put the other 2 on the shelf.

Your mechanic could be right,

If your tensioner pulley doesn't have a lot of travel a shorter belt might not help.

Change the belt yourself and see if it helps or not.

He told me it did, had pretty much the same tension as when everything was stock. I am going to change the belt once I get my next paycheck.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

you need to buy a gates green back belt. aka fleet runner, aka gates hd, once they get warmed up i have not had 1 single complaint. also mechanics dont always know best. give me a call and we can go over it.

also yes these escapes suck for putting in HO alts, luckily for the 3.0L 6 cylinder US Alts which is what he got, makes a 250-390A hairpin for this appication that is much much much more reliable.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

you need to buy a gates green back belt. aka fleet runner, aka gates hd, once they get warmed up i have not had 1 single complaint. also mechanics dont always know best. give me a call and we can go over it.

also yes these escapes suck for putting in HO alts, luckily for the 3.0L 6 cylinder US Alts which is what he got, makes a 250-390A hairpin for this appication that is much much much more reliable.

More reliable than what?

I get that you're going to rep your company and there is nothing wrong with that but how can a company that just started speak on reliability of their products when they haven't even been around long enough to know what the reliability will be?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

More reliable than what?

I get that you're going to rep your company and there is nothing wrong with that but how can a company that just started speak on reliability of their products when they haven't even been around long enough to know what the reliability will be?

his 2004 ford escape 3.0L v6 comes with a small case 6g unit. it is tucked against the rear firewall. heat builds back there.

most ford small cases are not known for reliability.

not only did I upgrade him to a large case, he also now has a hairpin alternator. He has more mass and more surface area to dissipate heat.

He now has 12 - 70A diodes instead of 6 35A diodes, and he also has a much more reliable regulator.

so it is much more reliable than his stock case, and i'd put our units up against anyone in the industry.

just because our company is new, (about 1 year) doesnt mean we dont have a reliable product. I am not your average joe throwing parts together. before i even came to market, i tested many alts in my personal vehicle for 2 years. the suppler i work with has been in business since the early 1920s. The engineering behind my units is also backed by Denso parts, so id say they are pretty damn reliable. We arent going to china and selling our alts as the most expensive on the market for no reason. there has been thought put into ever aspect. i bet you most of the alternator manufacturers arent using silver solder to increase the melting point. I bet a majority dont weld thier stator leads and mods. just because they look the same doesnt mean they are the same. its hard to prove that with alts since they all look very similar.

maybe you should try supporting a local michigan business and talk to them. I would be happy to tell you what makes our units one of the best on the market.

No electronic device is invincible to heat. but some do better than others.

I am not a vendor here so I can't advertise, I am merely sharing what he got and to refute any incorrect info. All i can say is we have been in business a little over a year, not one single rectifier stator, rotor has ever gone bad. we have had 1 internal regulator fail, and 1 external (transpo) regulator fail. I would say thats a pretty good record so far if you are trying to compare us to tenney, and a few others that didnt have a good following.

thats why i say his is now much more reliable than his stock unit.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Thanks for the well thought out reply,

I'll pm you about my other questions.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ron36 hit the nail on the head. On the Jimmy, I tried a smaller belt, one size down. It didn't work since was too small. I think a 97" to a 95" (an example not sure if it's the correct number, but it's close) was too tight since 2" was a huge jump. I went with a 100mm idler pulley vs. to 90mm that comes stock on the Jimmy. 10mm made a HUGE difference in belt tension.

-Frank

Glad I could help out a fellow bass head , that's why this site is here.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived