Pioneer pico precautions

OK so I'm starting my build this weekend and one of the first things on the list is my pioneer avh 4100nex. I know not to hot swap rca to avoid pico fuse from blowing but I've got a couple other concerns.

So I'm setting up dual amps for front stage and subwoofer. The front stage I should finish first but the sub I can't finish till next week sometime. I initially decided to run all my rca while putting the head unit in to keep me from having to go back and pull everything again.

So my question is will having rca ends not hooked to an amp be an issue or is there any precautions I should take until I get the sub amp installed? I was going to go ahead and test them on my DD-1 and then leave them laying out in the back of the car. I'm prolly being really paranoid but I do not want to blow my pico on a brand new deck the first weekend..

Install everything and just turn off the output to the sub amp from the H/U and you'll be fine.

X2 I just did this until I finished installing my sub stage. No issues with the RCA's already ran to the rear

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

So mainly I need to keep the rca ends away from all metal. That's what I was thinking initially. I just finished soldering up the harness so I should be good to go tomorrow.

Anybody ever wire a switch for the parking brake? Would a simple 2 prong switch from Walmart work or would I just be better off ordering the bypass?

Do what Skullz said, buy the pioneer bypass relay. Save yourself troubles. Because If you use a toggle switch you will have to toggle three times each time you use the DVD player on head unit. This is for a pioneer head unit. I used a bosh relay to do mine. Oh I did use a toggle at first, and it got old quick toggling three times.

I have the bypass works great.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Well I got the head unit in and I wired a temp switch till I get the bypass in, $2 switch so why not. Also found I had rca caps on my factory harness for things my car doesn't have and things I'm not using so I stole those for my lines till the amps go in. On another note that deck sounds amazing lol, huge upgrade from my factory unit.

Archived