Sundown Audio

What the hell is going on?

CamEnglish

Check your connections by pulling on them, and not some pussy ass light tug, pull that fucker.

Pull all power and ground connecting points by cleaning and reconnecting them from the alt all the way back to the amps.

As was said earlier, pull the speaker wires and rca jacks and try that first to see if things have changed for the better.

Finding and correcting problems is a process of elimination, you just have to take your time and work from one end to the other until you find the culprit.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Check your connections by pulling on them, and not some pussy ass light tug, pull that fucker.

Pull all power and ground connecting points by cleaning and reconnecting them from the alt all the way back to the amps.

As was said earlier, pull the speaker wires and rca jacks and try that first to see if things have changed for the better.

Finding and correcting problems is a process of elimination, you just have to take your time and work from one end to the other until you find the culprit.

That's the mother fucking truth right there!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

ok so with the truck off and amp off i get 12.xx volts so my power wire and also my battery. With the truck on i get 14.xx volts also to the power wire and the battery and 13.5x volts to my remote wire. as soon as i turn the remote on my power voltage drops to 9.xx volts. Is this normal?

2009 Chevy 2500HD

6" Lift

35" Nittos

22"x13" Fuel Kranks

Pioneer App Radio 3

Alpine 500x5

Memphis PRX 1.1000

Memphis Mojo5 12"

Red Oracle Halos

Disconnect all speaker wires. Amps go into protect due to low impedance as well. Eliminate one potential issue before focusing in on the other.

If you are testing your voltages using the amp's ground as a reference, 11-12V differential from ground terminal to positive should not be putting it in protect. Anything less than 9-10 volts is typically the danger zone. Low voltage on remote and the amp simply shouldn't turn on.

I just disconnected all speaker wires but it still is dropping to 9.xx volts when the remote is on. is this normal?

2009 Chevy 2500HD

6" Lift

35" Nittos

22"x13" Fuel Kranks

Pioneer App Radio 3

Alpine 500x5

Memphis PRX 1.1000

Memphis Mojo5 12"

Red Oracle Halos

With the truck on i get 14.xx volts also to the power wire and the battery and 13.5x volts to my remote wire. as soon as i turn the remote on my power voltage drops to 9.xx volts. Is this normal?

This makes no sense. With the remote off it (the remote wire) should be 0 volts, not 13.5x.

You then 'turn remote on' and something drops to 9.xx--is that the power wire, or the remote?

Are you using a head unit to turn the remote on, or a switch?

Static drops are my bag.

If your power input to your amp drops to 9v when it is turned on then you have a bad connection somewhere on your power / ground wire or your amp has an internal short. What size fuse do you have at the battery?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

after re-reading the first post it sounds like a battery has gone weak but it would help as skullz posted \/

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

We're getting bad info to try and help you with.

What is the voltage with the vehicle on?

What is the voltage with the vehicle off?

The remote wire simply turns the amp on so the drop you see is from the amp being powered.

If the voltage drop is significant than you have an issue with a connection somewhere, and if you went through all your connections as i pointed out in my previous post you would have found your answer.

We have done our part, it is up to you to do your part in finding the problem.

Once you go through all your connections and the problem still exists then you'll want to try another amp, but you could try that first also.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived