Jump to content

Two sizes of midbass/midrange drivers needed?


06RTCharger

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yall are trying way to hard, must of seen his post count and thought he didnt know shit. Please tell me how going active with components wont sound different than using passive crossovers, many people do it with great results. Just cause he doesnt want to take the easy route and through components in like you and majority of the others, doesnt mean he shouldnt take the challenge. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. Testing speakers and their limits is fun, play mids by themselves to see what they like and dont like. Do the same with tweeters.

Eminence can be loud but there is more to it then just being loud, loud is subjective do what you think might be loud might not be to me. I enjoyed my car more with 2 alphas vs having 12 installed all thoughout the car during my Florida college days. As I get older I could care less how my car sounded outside to others and started caring how well it reporduced music on the inside. I have tested over 20 different drivers to see what ai liked. Read up on diyma, they have a lot of reviews on drivers as well.

Loudspeaker Cookbook is a great book to read.

Relax dude. No one is dumping on him. Just posting. And hell, the cut offs he uses may be right where the passive cuts would be. Or close to it. Thats why there are there....... He mentioned that he was lookin into HAT. I dont even know if HAT makes seperates. See what im saying??

I would run active also, i like the control. If he doesnt use a dsp, and uses a board to cut, id make sure to get one thats pass band capable. Just cutting them high in my world kinda defeats the purpose of a active set up. I dont want my mids running over a certain band as much as under.

Ive never ran a passive set up,..again, i like control,.... everyone is just saying some nice comp sets can do work, and sound amazing also. Thats all. Calm them tits brutha. ;)

I'm calm, didn't know you could detect tone in text but ok. Posting 7 pages over and over the same stuff doesn't mean its the only way, everybody has a preference. No I don't see what you're saying because they do sell separates. Have you called to see or just assuming, Its called a la carte, allows you to make your own 2 way or 3 way sets. But what do I know I'm just speaking out of my ass. I guess that's what happens when your not part of the in crowd, haha but thanks for trying to clarify for me. I appreciate it a great discussion just not a one way conversation, just have an open mind (this sentence is not for you).

I agree with your last paragraph and all that could of been said pages ago.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Posted

Yall are trying way to hard, must of seen his post count and thought he didnt know shit. Please tell me how going active with components wont sound different than using passive crossovers, many people do it with great results. Just cause he doesnt want to take the easy route and through components in like you and majority of the others, doesnt mean he shouldnt take the challenge. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. Testing speakers and their limits is fun, play mids by themselves to see what they like and dont like. Do the same with tweeters.

Eminence can be loud but there is more to it then just being loud, loud is subjective do what you think might be loud might not be to me. I enjoyed my car more with 2 alphas vs having 12 installed all thoughout the car during my Florida college days. As I get older I could care less how my car sounded outside to others and started caring how well it reporduced music on the inside. I have tested over 20 different drivers to see what ai liked. Read up on diyma, they have a lot of reviews on drivers as well.

Loudspeaker Cookbook is a great book to read.

Relax dude. No one is dumping on him. Just posting. And hell, the cut offs he uses may be right where the passive cuts would be. Or close to it. Thats why there are there....... He mentioned that he was lookin into HAT. I dont even know if HAT makes seperates. See what im saying??

I would run active also, i like the control. If he doesnt use a dsp, and uses a board to cut, id make sure to get one thats pass band capable. Just cutting them high in my world kinda defeats the purpose of a active set up. I dont want my mids running over a certain band as much as under.

Ive never ran a passive set up,..again, i like control,.... everyone is just saying some nice comp sets can do work, and sound amazing also. Thats all. Calm them tits brutha. ;)

I'm calm, didn't know you could detect tone in text but ok. Posting 7 pages over and over the same stuff doesn't mean its the only way, everybody has a preference. No I don't see what you're saying because they do sell separates. Have you called to see or just assuming, Its called a la carte, allows you to make your own 2 way or 3 way sets. But what do I know I'm just speaking out of my ass. I guess that's what happens when your not part of the in crowd, haha but thanks for trying to clarify for me. I appreciate it a great discussion just not a one way conversation, just have an open mind (this sentence is not for you).

I agree with your last paragraph and all that could of been said pages ago.

:hi::good:

Posted

I run hybrid clarus( which you can order separately) real nice driver. Better have clean amps with lots of power, look into CDT they have some nice stuff.i have also ran DD the A series stuff I really liked those as well maybe favorite, very loud four Aw6.5,(180watts per driver)At28 (120 watts per tweet)with hybrid legiate 4" (80 watts each)probably best sounding and loud system I've had,which I'm still working with my clarus stuff to bring up to par with what I like. all active

Posted

Yall are trying way to hard, must of seen his post count and thought he didnt know shit. Please tell me how going active with components wont sound different than using passive crossovers, many people do it with great results. Just cause he doesnt want to take the easy route and through components in like you and majority of the others, doesnt mean he shouldnt take the challenge. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. Testing speakers and their limits is fun, play mids by themselves to see what they like and dont like. Do the same with tweeters.

Eminence can be loud but there is more to it then just being loud, loud is subjective do what you think might be loud might not be to me. I enjoyed my car more with 2 alphas vs having 12 installed all thoughout the car during my Florida college days. As I get older I could care less how my car sounded outside to others and started caring how well it reporduced music on the inside. I have tested over 20 different drivers to see what ai liked. Read up on diyma, they have a lot of reviews on drivers as well.

Loudspeaker Cookbook is a great book to read.

Thanks man

Posted

Yall are trying way to hard, must of seen his post count and thought he didnt know shit. Please tell me how going active with components wont sound different than using passive crossovers, many people do it with great results. Just cause he doesnt want to take the easy route and through components in like you and majority of the others, doesnt mean he shouldnt take the challenge. I dont see what is so hard to comprehend. Testing speakers and their limits is fun, play mids by themselves to see what they like and dont like. Do the same with tweeters.

Eminence can be loud but there is more to it then just being loud, loud is subjective do what you think might be loud might not be to me. I enjoyed my car more with 2 alphas vs having 12 installed all thoughout the car during my Florida college days. As I get older I could care less how my car sounded outside to others and started caring how well it reporduced music on the inside. I have tested over 20 different drivers to see what ai liked. Read up on diyma, they have a lot of reviews on drivers as well.

Loudspeaker Cookbook is a great book to read.

Relax dude. No one is dumping on him. Just posting. And hell, the cut offs he uses may be right where the passive cuts would be. Or close to it. Thats why there are there....... He mentioned that he was lookin into HAT. I dont even know if HAT makes seperates. See what im saying??

I would run active also, i like the control. If he doesnt use a dsp, and uses a board to cut, id make sure to get one thats pass band capable. Just cutting them high in my world kinda defeats the purpose of a active set up. I dont want my mids running over a certain band as much as under.

Ive never ran a passive set up,..again, i like control,.... everyone is just saying some nice comp sets can do work, and sound amazing also. Thats all. Calm them tits brutha. ;)

From what ive seen, HAT does offer separates. Fkrs are expensive tho! Damn. Im not sure if triple or quadruple the price of other good brands is justified. Although the specs on The Level 6 are pretty amazing. Only thing i can find about it that isnt "wowing" me is the sensitivity 1w/1m ratings. Not as good/high as an spl loudspeaker, but thats expected with an SQ driver. Its not about being super loud as much as super real sound reproduction with HAT. Do u think the HAT is worth the price difference when im not an SQ purest? I would most likely run two 8s in each door, then one 4 and tweeter in the A-pillars if i go with HAT. If youve used HAT. What kind of spl you think that could reach? Just off mids and highs.

Posted

I run hybrid clarus( which you can order separately) real nice driver. Better have clean amps with lots of power, look into CDT they have some nice stuff.i have also ran DD the A series stuff I really liked those as well maybe favorite, very loud four Aw6.5,(180watts per driver)At28 (120 watts per tweet)with hybrid legiate 4" (80 watts each)probably best sounding and loud system I've had,which I'm still working with my clarus stuff to bring up to par with what I like. all active

Ive only heard about DIgitalDesigns subs being great. The midbass/midrange drivers do great also? As in good SQ, decent spl?

Posted

I run hybrid clarus( which you can order separately) real nice driver. Better have clean amps with lots of power, look into CDT they have some nice stuff.i have also ran DD the A series stuff I really liked those as well maybe favorite, very loud four Aw6.5,(180watts per driver)At28 (120 watts per tweet)with hybrid legiate 4" (80 watts each)probably best sounding and loud system I've had,which I'm still working with my clarus stuff to bring up to par with what I like. all active

Ive only heard about DIgitalDesigns subs being great. The midbass/midrange drivers do great also? As in good SQ, decent spl?

I think you'll be happy with DD sq definitely they will get loud trust me,be sure to run some nice amps to them.it all comes down how you have it set up , crossover points ,slopes , etc,etc.
Posted

polk will let you buy raw drivers from them, their mm6501 (6.5) get nice midbass and run $75 each (15% off of that if you join their forum)

not sure what they charge for their tweeters but that's a good way to cut the cost of the crossover out. other companies might do the same if you contact them.

you have mentioned a few PA speakers, they can take a bit of tuning to sound right.

Posted

I find it hilarious that you don't want to "WASTE" money on a passive set but was willing to waste money on 4 10" mid bass in the rear deck. I'm not even going to attempt to throw out any ideas on what to run and how but would tell you to research, research, and research... go to shows and audio shops and listen to as much as you can otherwise all you will be doing is wasting time and money.

Online reviews are worthless unless you know the person point of reference and expertise.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1160 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...