Second Skin Audio

Do SQ subwoofers exist?

06RTCharger

Thanks Krakin. I never said it had to be a TL... it was a suggestion because they are known for superior sound. The topic is SQ subs... what good is an SQ sub without an SQ enclosure.

Dont worry about misleading. U gave me the info you know, i appreciate that. Its up to ME, to research further on points and suggestions u made. I dont take anyones word here as "law", i take it all as just suggestions. Usually helpful suggestions.

Let stay on topic. Do SQ subs exist, if you think so, give a couple of ur personal favorite examples (model#-size). And again im not buying one anytime soon, just trying to think ahead so when that time comes i know what i want. Everyones personal suggestions on subs welcome. If you think its all in the application and build, as in any sub can be used in a SQ application, then just say "Any sub" or something like that. Thanks everyone.

Let stay on topic. Do SQ subs exist, if you think so, give a couple of ur personal favorite examples (model#-size). And again im not buying one anytime soon, just trying to think ahead so when that time comes i know what i want. Everyones personal suggestions on subs welcome. If you think its all in the application and build, as in any sub can be used in a SQ application, then just say "Any sub" or something like that. Thanks everyone.

Dynaudio subs seem to be well regarded on the sq market

I'm sorry everyone. I think this thread spawned from me roasting some dude in a facebook thread over the term "SQ" last night. He was asking if a SP4 was a SQ sub or not.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I'm sorry everyone. I think this thread spawned from me roasting some dude in a facebook thread over the term "SQ" last night. He was asking if a SP4 was a SQ sub or not.

Its ok, it wasnt because of that lol. I just have alot of questions about car audio. Im new here, i like it. I can ask questions and get all kinds of answers, and usually somewhere in all the answers i get some good advice.

T-lines are a popular form of enclosure in systems aiming for quality, they just appear less in car audio because they are restricted so much by the car dimensions.

I didn't notice anything inherently wrong with anything he said.

There are many ways to go about the designing your sub-stage and his preference could be transmission lines.

For example I avoid anything with a port in it, because I don't like the cons as much as the pros of the designs.

What cons come with ported boxes?

What cons come with ported boxes?

Port resonances, increased group delay, out of band noise escaping out the port, etc.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

JL Audio W3, JL Audio W6, JL Audio W7, Focal, Hertz, Dayton Audio, Morel, Blues Audio, So many to chose from.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I've been wanting to build a sq system but the pricetag scared me off from all the "sq gear" until I heard a setup with dayton mids and highs and some old image dynamics v2 subs in an infinite baffle all ran on precision power amps. It can be done for cheap, although I'll be the first to admit I don't know too much about sq but knowing it's possible on the cheap makes me want to start experimenting.

I've been wanting to build a sq system but the pricetag scared me off from all the "sq gear" until I heard a setup with dayton mids and highs and some old image dynamics v2 subs in an infinite baffle all ran on precision power amps. It can be done for cheap, although I'll be the first to admit I don't know too much about sq but knowing it's possible on the cheap makes me want to start experimenting.

Do it!

Archived