2002 lancer any stock mitsu high output alternators that will fit ?

i am building a trunk wall for a lancer with (1) 15'' 3.5 cubes powered by a jl audio jx 1000/d a single g31 with 1200 ca and 2 runs of 1/0

i dont have the budget to get a nice one from a quality manufacturer so i am looking to get a cheap alternator from the junkyard

would the suvs or higher model cars have something i could swap over ?

Don't do it save up for a good one not worth going thru all the trouble making q bracket to fit a junkyard one. I had a excessive amperage 200 in my 03 lancer when I had one. If it was me get good xs battery for underhood with that g31 in rear should be good. If you want a good one save up for singer, or Mechman

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Don't do it save up for a good one not worth going thru all the trouble making q bracket to fit a junkyard one. I had a excessive amperage 200 in my 03 lancer when I had one. If it was me get good xs battery for underhood with that g31 in rear should be good. If you want a good one save up for singer, or Mechman

lol no i am not getting a $300 battery and im not going to get a $400 mechman #budget

i just got a 5 year $95 battery for the stock electrical

i can get a dodge 160 for $50 at the j/y i noticed dodge and mitsu have almost the same bodies on their alternators

has anyone tried this swap ?

Put whatever you want in there.... be more hassle than saving up for the right alt. I have a SINGER alt, was $430 total at 220 amp at idle in my 03 lancer. You have $ for subs amps ect and if you dont want the right electrical than shit could smoke!

Put whatever you want in there.... be more hassle than saving up for the right alt. I have a SINGER alt, was $430 total at 220 amp at idle in my 03 lancer. You have $ for subs amps ect and if you dont want the right electrical than shit could smoke!

i dont appreciate your response and attitude man why did you even post ? to get your post count up ? to troll ?

'' shit could smoke ! '' lol go away

im on a budget (cheap as possible) . the sub im going to use is $90 and i already have the amp which was $90 at the pawn shop . killer deal if you ask me

ive already got the wood and 2x4s

i need to do is get the wiring and alternator figured out

Leon kennedy - doing something right and doing something cheap sometimes dont go together in the car audio world...swapping junk yard parts dont always work (trust me lol) if ur amp is under 1000 RMS you should be fine on stock electrical.. anything over 1k RMS i would suggest extra battery and save up to buy a high output ALT if you plan to go over lets say 2K RMS...

When he made the comment "going up in smoke" hes reffering to your amp starving for power if you dont have the electrical to support it and it could literally go up in smoke from burning internal componets... but this is all extreme possibilities.

1. A better batt under the hood, an AGM preferably.
  2. Do the big 3.
  3. Get a volmeter,
  4. if the voltage goes under 12, you need another AGM in the rear. XS is not the only brand, get something cheaper if you(re on a tight budget.

I don't think you really need an HO alternator for the power you'll run. But you never know !

I wouldn't spend money for a junkyard alt. But that's just me, I'm not a lucky electrical mechanics !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I'd do what notorious said. Don't think you'd need a HO either. Someone here should chime in on watts vs voltage vs amps. There is an equation. I'm sure you have enough just with the stock system.

Archived