Sonic Electronix

Impedance rise, not your typical question

Let us know what you find out.

What frequency is your box tuned to?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'm in for knowledge here.

My gut tells me that the more efficiant way to run subs is to run the runs from the amp in parallel to coil in series coils

I would assume whatever way you wire, the one with the higher resistance for an individual sub would have a lower rise just because you are looking at a cooler coil inherently

changed: for me trying to juggle work and this... couldn't put together a complete thougtht

1349713160_rte.png

Although impedance does rise due to power compression, I believe the biggest factors to be the tuning of the box port and cabin resonant frequency. It seems that one way to reduce the amount of rise is to wire down to a low resistance?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

So testing has been done, Series coils Parallel subs @ 51Hz was 2.8ohm I mistyped when I started this topic (went over my notes again). I then rewired yesterday and retested Parallel coils and Series subs @51Hz was 3.6ohm. So there is a real measurable difference in my case. And it looks like I will be changing my subs back for INAC but I am not giving up on these beasts I will find the trick to making them work for me.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Now I'm going to re wire my subs. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

My gut tells me that the more efficiant way to run subs is to run the runs from the amp in parallel to coil in series coils

I would assume whatever way you wire, the one with the higher resistance for an individual sub would have a lower rise just because you are looking at a cooler coil inherently

changed: for me trying to juggle work and this... couldn't put together a complete thougtht

If the amp is putting out the same power to the same amount of subs the coils will be the same temperature no matter how you wire it. They'll be dissipating the same power either way.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

If the amp is putting out the same power to the same amount of subs the coils will be the same temperature no matter how you wire it. They'll be dissipating the same power either way.

did you see the video above?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

did you see the video above?

Comparing a 0.5ohm coil and a 2 ohm coil? Heat is calculated from I2R so provided the arrangement of coils is pulling the same current and has the same resistance, it should dissipate the same amount of heat.

Edit: I'm looking at it as a whole system. That power has to go somewhere. Each coil may dissipate less heat if wired in parallel but it is right next to another coil dissipating just as much.

Think about it as 2 dual 1ohm subs. You have a final 1ohm load whether you do series-parallel or parallel-series. And in both situations, with 2500w like in the video, you have 50A being split across 2 paths, and flowing through 2 coils on each path. All you are changing is whether the link in between is. The only difference is that with the series-parallel you don't have the link between the middle.

sub%20wiring.jpg

You could add this to the series-parallel by wiring between series coils on the subs together. Or you could take it out by leaving out 2 connections from the parallel-series layout.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived