Power Drill for Box Building

DLHgn

These days if you want the good stuff you buy hilti tools.

They are way out of your budget though.

When I bought my Dewalt stuff I had already learned from working in the trades what was good and what wasn't and now all the good brands are shit because they all got bought out.

I can't see how a company could think Buying a company that built their name on making great tools and then running that name through the mud makes great business sense.

I believe the same company makes craftsmans tools now as well.

You know what else is junk these days, alot of the good name brand hand tools.

They started using cheap metals and inferior parts like plastic gears inside ratchets.

Aside from snap on, matco, sk, and a few others.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It really doesn't make sense.

"Hey, lets buy out this company known for high quality stuff that is already pretty expensive then jack up the price some more and make all tools worthless. Wonder how long we can get away with it before the name become associated with crap."

Great business model if you ask me.

...So dumb

There are two ways to run a business and they both run on the bottom line. One way ties up capital by investing back into the company, but only if the return is high enough and quick enough. The other way takes little capital that is tied up and instead, the profit is pocketed and the business does what it does as it grinds into the ground. then before it goes poof, they either pile all kinds of debt from the other holdings on it and let it go bankrupt or they transfer all the debt away from it so it looks lean and sell it. Both things happened repeatedly over the years to the company I am at.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

It really doesn't make sense.

"Hey, lets buy out this company known for high quality stuff that is already pretty expensive then jack up the price some more and make all tools worthless. Wonder how long we can get away with it before the name become associated with crap."

Great business model if you ask me.

...So dumb

Not very long at all, because I even said most are crap such as dewalt. Dewalt today is no where near Dewalt a few years ago.

Milwaukee stuff is still somewhat decent, but on something they have also cheapened out as well.

I have a buddy with a milwaukee set of drill and impacts and they seem legit, also a friend with the Bosch.

My bosch router seems beast, and so does my portercable in my router lift. But then again I have a porter cable router that has a broken fan inside, and the brush covers that are ca glued on because they would vibrate loose. Maybe its made cheaper, or just got a bad one. All my sanders, and brad nailers are Porter Cable and seem fine (but they are 5+ years old).

I think the reasoning of the companies buying up other companies is to corner the market, while some seemed to have went to crap other brands still hold true. Who knows if it will remain that way or if they will turn to crap.

But at least the company is getting your money from you no matter if you buy brand a, b, or c.

However I find it extremely odd that these small shit companies have the money to buy out the top dog companies.

I can see stanley and B&D kind of since they are both lower grade products, but to buy out Delta? How do they have the cash flow for that? Thats expensive stuff.

The same thing happened to chain saw companies in the late 80s and early 90s.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

However I find it extremely odd that these small shit companies have the money to buy out the top dog companies.

I can see stanley and B&D kind of since they are both lower grade products, but to buy out Delta? How do they have the cash flow for that? Thats expensive stuff.

Stanley/ black and Decker might make some low grade stuff but they are a huge company,

Like $10+ billion in revenue yearly big.

They own a lot of manufacturing plants for automotive fasteners and stuff too, they don't just make tools.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Cordless is totally the way to go. My corded drill almost never gets used.

Bosch and Makita are my brands of choice.

You don't need a super powerful top of the line drill for box building. Mid range models should be fine.

I've had my eye on this drill for when it comes time to replace one of mine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N8I29X2/

I'll look at it. Everyone seems to be leaning towards cordless ( I understand why) but I just don't see it being that great for my situation but hey, if everyone is suggesting it there must be a reason. Like Jhunt said, i'll just go to my local hardware store and handle it a bit and see what I like best out of the options y'all have put up along with some corded versions. Any drill bits or brand of drill bits y'all would suggest? I don't mind spending a bit of money on some quality stuff (would rather spend a lot once than a little bit multiple times) but keep in mind my pockets are definitely not that deep. If I have to save a bit to get some quality things then so be it but if not then great.

If you are looking for a corded drill check out Porter Cable they make some nice small electric drills with great amperage.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12