Second Skin Audio

Two Sundown SA-12's or one Sundown X-12?

koolcat90

Hey everyone. I am getting ready to change up my system. Currently have one SA-12 D4 Rev.3 sub, pushing about 1000 watts to it on an oldschool Kole Audio amp. Looking at either buying a 2nd SA-12 or going with one X-12 V2 D4. My goal is for LOW bass and to move lots of air. I mainly listen to hip-hop. Should I go with two SA-12's or one X-12? These will be installed in a sedan with plenty of trunk room.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

I'd put 3k on 2 SA 12's those are great subs . Need a good 3k amp

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

doesnt really matter what section its a ghost town right now anyway...

I would go with the two subs over the one beefier sub

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

i wouldnt

anyway, 2 12's on the same power will move more air because more cone area. Also more coil to distribute the heat, so on and so forth. If its an old school amp make sure its stable to 1 ohm before you buy another sub.

i wouldnt

anyway, 2 12's on the same power will move more air because more cone area. Also more coil to distribute the heat, so on and so forth. If its an old school amp make sure its stable to 1 ohm before you buy another sub.

Thanks for the info! I just looked it up and it only lists 2 ohm and 4 ohm stable. So you're saying for 2 SA 12's I should buy a newer 1ohm stable amp?

Archived