Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

15" suggestions?


littlebuck1919

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a TS 3.5k heading to my house and i currently have a pair of DC Level 3 m2 12's with AR cones (D2) i feel like they wouldnt like that amp too much at .5 (I'm aware i can also run at 2ohms, but why do that I guess?) was wondering if there's a budget 15 people might recommend that can handle it? .5 or 1ohm

kind of thinking HDC3 15's or maybe SA-15's but open to other suggestions.

will be tuned with a DD-1 and a buddy who has built his own boxes will be building the box for me (I dont have tools to do it, so no point in going to buy them just to build a few boxes)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

Posted

I just got a pair of the HDC318. The HDC can have high out put if tuned around 35hz or flat low end extension if tuned around 24hz. When compared to the other brands that I modeled, the HDC seemed to be the winner in my mind. Google Winisd free download. You can put in the T/S parameters and see what a sub can do at different box volumes and port tunings.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

With that power at 2ohms though it would push what he has fine ... and he could just recone to 15 if he wants

Yes at 2ohns, but he wants to run it at 1ohm ..sounds to me it's going be a bad day
Posted

With that power at 2ohms though it would push what he has fine ... and he could just recone to 15 if he wants

Yes at 2ohns, but he wants to run it at 1ohm ..sounds to me it's going be a bad day

i don't think he understands that at 2 ohms it will be fine for what he has.. try iit if he dont like it then look into new subs

Posted

Fi BL, AA Havoc, DC lvl 4 or XL, SA X series

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Posted

I'd be fine with running 2ohms for now. I would like to run at least 1ohm someday though (ill have plenty of electrical for it) just wondering what people had for suggestions to run at .5 or 1ohm without having to worry about destroying subs from too much power is all.

sorry it took me so long to get back, old lady wanted to go get her hair cut.

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5563 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...