Jump to content

2015 Chevy Sonic/Wall/4 PSI 15's/SA 6K/Active/Arc/CDT/Singer/US Alt/XS


Recommended Posts

Posted

Getting' it done, nice man, getting closer!  still tuned!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Thanks for the comments guys.

The top bracket was made 1/8" too short in height, so I welded a strip of 1/8" thick steel on the flange to support the windshield pinch seam.  I was a bit sloppy with the weld as I was scared to stay in one place too long and bend the bracket.  Now its supporting the windshield pinch seam very well.

IMG_1065.jpg

The bar I bought is seam welded, so I had to reach in with the dremel and remove the weld ridge you see here

IMG_1067.jpg

Then grounded away two flats on each side of the turnbuckle 

IMG_1070.jpg

So the turnbuckle can slip into the bar.

IMG_1068.jpg

The rest of the parts are prepped so I can tack it all in place tmrw and finish this bish up.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Laid a new bead on the passenger side of the top brace, since the weld was a bit scant on that side.

IMG_1078.jpg

Tacked in the pole.  Made the bar with a swoop so more pressure would be on the windshield flange.

IMG_1079.jpg

Harbor Freight blankets are not flame retardant.  Pretty sure theyre extra flammable, actually.

IMG_1080.jpg

Im really freakin proud of this weld:

IMG_1082.jpg

Here's how the turnbuckle meets the upper bar

IMG_1084.jpg

Straight down the line

IMG_1086.jpg

Ive been banging the SAE1500 for the past few months.  Im SO fucking stoked to get the 6K back in!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Very impressed with the welding! I tell my wife all the time that I wished I learned how to weld. I would be building custom cars and motorcycles instead of repairing cars on the side.

2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.

Posted

Thank you. Ive never welded before last week. I really recommend anyone to pick up a welder and give it a shot. Very satisfying getting so much work done so quickly! 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

It helps that you bought a quality welder I almost went with hobart before I went with Miller, they're owned by the same corporation if I remember correctly. If you want to better your skills there's a welding tips and tricks channel on youtube and he has some pretty informative videos. I don't care much for welding with flux core but it is handy, stick with it and your skills will improve.

 

Additionally you're probably better off removing the nozzle if you're welding flux core it's more for directing the flow of shielding gas which you aren't using and will just collect heat.

Posted

Such a sick build man. Where in Htown are you? I work the refineries in Pasadena a lot. Would like to check this thing out sometime when I'm down there.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Posted

Thanks man.

NW side (Cypress area).  I dont get down to the SE side a lot... Shit might get jacked LOL.  Dang, you drive from Arlington down to Pasadena?  I hope thats not a regular commute!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Lol well when I go down, I stay for a month or 2. Also I usually stay just south of the woodlands off 1960. I'll hit you up next time I come down. Should be in a few weeks.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1422 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...