zoeboi954 Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 Hey, I've seen the Steve had made a product that allows quick disconnection of the speaker wires using neo magnets. I loved that idea but I was wondering if anyone knows if Steve will release one for the power wires? the reason I ask is because in my car my spare tire underneath 4 amplifiers that are laying in a sub-floor cargo tray, and for me to be able to get to my spare, i would either have to unscrew all the wire going to all 4 amps. or try to lift the tray with the amps still connected to the wires. either way both are a pain in ass to do just to get the spare tire. and this happened 5 times this year (only 1 of the 5 was my fault, I was looking at a girl walking by and hit a curb... I know how embarrassing. Rest were nails and screws..extremely unlucky) but back to the point, I was thinking If i had something like steve's quick release on both power and speakers it would make taking the tray out quick and easy. but I did also think of the disadvantages that might occur. I'm a firm believe in yours system is only as strong as your weakest link. so I got to thinking that might lower the power going to the amp. but that's something I don't know till testing is done. or does anyone know of any other product that might help me? or all together that's a bad idea? 4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/
CstrokerV Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 maybe but depending on what you run you can use these https://www.zoro.com/anderson-power-products-connector-wirecable-6319/i/G2642351/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6_TBBRDInaPjhcelt5oBEiQApPeTF9MVqJGPA5N7m0AkRkVGwW6x9hQv9499olEoVPVsJTAaAhHt8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds not necesary those ones but those types my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
zoeboi954 Posted November 30, 2016 Author Report Posted November 30, 2016 maybe but depending on what you run you can use these https://www.zoro.com/anderson-power-products-connector-wirecable-6319/i/G2642351/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6_TBBRDInaPjhcelt5oBEiQApPeTF9MVqJGPA5N7m0AkRkVGwW6x9hQv9499olEoVPVsJTAaAhHt8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds not necesary those ones but those typesSomething like that could possibly work. has anybody used then in build? How well do they hold up 4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/
Clownrock95 Posted December 10, 2016 Report Posted December 10, 2016 Anderson connectors are used with everything from people who want a removable winch/jumper cables to large electric forklifts as long as it's rated for the current it should be fine
Karkov Posted December 10, 2016 Report Posted December 10, 2016 maybe but depending on what you run you can use these https://www.zoro.com/anderson-power-products-connector-wirecable-6319/i/G2642351/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6_TBBRDInaPjhcelt5oBEiQApPeTF9MVqJGPA5N7m0AkRkVGwW6x9hQv9499olEoVPVsJTAaAhHt8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds not necesary those ones but those typesSomething like that could possibly work. has anybody used then in build? How well do they hold up Yes people have used those connectors in builds and they work great! 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
audiofanaticz Posted December 10, 2016 Report Posted December 10, 2016 Those Anderson connectors are going to be your best bet.
Wehan Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 Just make sure to get the covers for the Anderson connectors for a little added safety when you disconnect, don't want to burn your shit down changing a tire.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.