Serious glassing question - can I mold my body easily?

s5300

Risking burning yourself and making it 100 times easier with the mannequin, or saving 50 bucks. Better you than me lol..

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

2 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Fiberglass is not a good option, i would check older mythbuster episodes and see what they used, i don't recall the material but it does not take long to set up and molds what ever you make perfectly. Now the i'm sure it will cost a fair amount to mold your body to make a fiberglass cast from it.

Ballistic gel probably, shit's way too expensive. I was going to fill the fiberglass shell with spray foam most likely. 

4 minutes ago, SoCaLBaMF said:

Risking burning yourself and making it 100 times easier with the mannequin, or saving 50 bucks. Better you than me lol..

Well, the thing is have a custom one would be cool. Obviously I'm not going to do it if it had the slightest chance of actually causing a burn to my body. 

http://www.handimania.com/diy/your-own-shape-sewing-mannequin.html

If I could harden this after the fact, it would work great. 

Make sure you take a video. It will surely be a You Tube moment. lol

No really Plaster of Paris and strips of news paper aka Paper Mache can be used and is a lot safer than resin. Then after the plaster hardens, fiberglass and resin can be applied on the inside of the mold.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

29 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Im sure using plaster of paris would be the cheaper method and work out great.

This put me well in the right direction. Apparently actually using plaster of paris is a bad idea, but there are plaster molding bandages that work well. POP being bad because it can apparently fuck your skin. 

http://verrier-processes.blogspot.com/2010/02/body-casting-with-plaster-of-paris.html

http://www.pembinatrails.ca/wsh/Hazard Alerts/HAZARD ALERT - Plaster of Paris.pdf

or maybe those kids were just retards. Who knows. 

28 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Hmm, didnt know that.

I remember our whole class using it in art in 2nd or 3rd grade making molds of our hands.

Then again it only takes 1 disgruntled parent to ruin the fun and now everyone is getting participation trophies

Funny thing dude. I just took an opt out essay the other day.

It was about participation trophies. 

I wrote a DAMN good fuckin essay. Unfortunately the libs that run the English department are going to shit on me for cunt kicking their shit ass ideologies in. Anyways - that's what I was thinking too. Like - those two pictures reference in that hazard guide? I call bullshit on POP doing that. I mean fuckin look at it, first off they're two completely different things, second it's just plain retarded looking rofl 

Archived