Second Skin Audio

Duel 4 ohm to 1 ohm wire question

Michael Dean

So I American seeking advise. When wiring 2 duel 4 ohm to 1 ohm . My wiring...

sub 1 negative coil1 negative coil2 positive coil1 positive coil2 (negative-positive coil 1 out of box) same on sub 2 . Negitive sub1- negitive sub 2/amp positive sub 1 positive sub 2/ amp. My question is I am running positive and negitive off of one voice coil not positive coil1 negitive coil2 is this ok???????

30 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

Wire the two in parallel. Ask your search engine "how to wire two duel 4ohm subwoofers to a final impedance of 1ohm". You can get some good wiring diagrams that way.

I get how to wire in Patel Lela I have seen multiple posts on how to do it. My question I can't find is do I need positive from one coil negitive from 2nd coil? I have positive and negitive from one coil out after all jumpers? - - ++ coil 1 and 2 but - - coil 1 sub 1 out box to - - coil 1 sub 2 not -coil 1 + coil 2 + is it ok to use coil 1 as jumper to sub 2 or do I need coil 1 - coil 2 + to jump to sub 2 ?

All positives from both woofers get connected together, all negatives from both woofers get connected together.

take 2 new pieces of wire, a positive and a negative. Connect those 2 wires to your amp. Then take the corresponding positive wire and hook it up to any positive on any coil of any of the 2 woofers, do the same with the negative wire to any negative on any coil of any of the 2 woofers.

It does not matter which woofer or coil you connect it to because everything is ran in parallel (now if it was wired in series or series/parallel it would matter).

If you wanted to you could run a positive and negative from each woofer and connect those 4 wires to your amp, it wouldnt make no difference in parallel wiring

Typically the easiest way to do this for beginners is not to worry about wiring both subs together inside the box.

Just wire each subwoofer coils together in parallel, than take a positive and negative and connect it to the amp.

Do the same for the other woofer. The 2 speaker wires going from your woofer to the amplifier will become paralleled together (since most of all monoblock amplifiers have 2 positive and 2 negative speaker connections for ease of wiring which are internally connected).

3 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

All positives from both woofers get connected together, all negatives from both woofers get connected together.

take 2 new pieces of wire, a positive and a negative. Connect those 2 wires to your amp. Then take the corresponding positive wire and hook it up to any positive on any coil of any of the 2 woofers, do the same with the negative wire to any negative on any coil of any of the 2 woofers.

It does not matter which woofer or coil you connect it to because everything is ran in parallel (now if it was wired in series or series/parallel it would matter).

If you wanted to you could run a positive and negative from each woofer and connect those 4 wires to your amp, it wouldnt make no difference in parallel wiring

Typically the easiest way to do this for beginners is not to worry about wiring both subs together inside the box.

Just wire each subwoofer coils together in parallel, than take a positive and negative and connect it to the amp.

Do the same for the other woofer. The 2 speaker wires going from your woofer to the amplifier will become paralleled together (since most of all monoblock amplifiers have 2 positive and 2 negative speaker connections for ease of wiring which are internally connected).

That's what I was looking foe as far as " does not matter whitch coil or coils to amp" I did not run them together in box but out side then joined together from 4 wires to 2 in the amp. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this. I got how to wire in parellel just was not sure if it made a difference on one coil or 2 out to join to other sub. Thank you. Know I just need to figure out on why my subs bottom so easily lol 

Playing below port tuning will cause the sub to unload.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived