2 hours ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

I'm so wishy washy with it. I have like 3 months to decide since I'm still in school right now...

and that lower paying job would have people who didn't go to college making as much as me in 2 years of working there....

I feel like 7 years of college and a real degree is worth more than a person who came out of high school and started working...

I didn't go to college and I make more than a ton of people that did...just sayin

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Fact of the matter is. You don't know shit coming out of school. I see it all the time. College degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on if you can't step in and provide value. I love when the interns show up planning to show me how things are done. That lasts about an hour. Take the job you want. Realize you're not going to be paid what you think you're worth because you're not worth that. Bust your ass and prove it to them and then go from there. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

13 minutes ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

Nope no union here

Same here in NC. I hope it all works out for you man. Money isn't everything in a job...keep that in mind.

Sounds like you got it made where you're at!

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

1 minute ago, n8ball2013 said:

Fact of the matter is. You don't know shit coming out of school. I see it all the time. College degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on if you can't step in and provide value. I love when the interns show up planning to show me how things are done. That lasts about an hour. Take the job you want. Realize you're not going to be paid what you think you're worth because you're not worth that. Bust your ass and prove it to them and then go from there. 

This was where I was trying to get at. I worked for an engineering firm near NC State's campus and 90% of our new hires out of school thought they knew everything.

When I was out of school it was the same thing. Advisers will pump your head up thinking you're going to come out of school making a killer salary and most of the time it just doesn't happen.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

7 hours ago, n8ball2013 said:

This x1000. A lot of college grads can't find a job within their field because a lot of employers/companies want exp people. Understandable, but you gotta get your foot in the door somehow.  Another reason why people working at McD's want 15/hr...or just too dam lazy to get a better education which will yield a better paying job. OP see if you can get on the employment agency. That's what I did when I got outta HS...back in 1994 tho. Had no idea what I wanted to do thereafter. So I worked f/t at diff places. The pay now might be better than before. You might have to look at some salary history within your field of work since your just starting out.

If you are an engineer in Michigan you shouldn't need an employment agency. If you are serious about looking for a different job start looking now and putting applications in. Im not sure what the engineering market is where you live but move closer to Detroit and there's a plethora of engineering jobs. 

Also I agree with Nate. Best thing you can do if you move companies is don't act like you know everything right out the gate. I learned more in the last year at my job than I did during my entire schooling. 

On 1/26/2017 at 3:56 PM, n8ball2013 said:

Oh believe me I know I don't believe I know a ton but I do know more than someone coming in new. I've been trained on their systems and been able to network at work and know the people that I would be working with. That's gotta count for something. I have another place lined up that is for sure more money and more room to grow and move up. I didn't mean for this to be a pissing match either just looking for insight to more money or more happiness in your guys mind

1349713160_rte.png

Archived