Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Purchased this last year. 114,000mi. Wanted a vehicle with a timing chain and enough cabin space for a decent build. Was eather the Mazda3 or the Outback. Glad I went with the Outback. After replacing a few gaskets and doing the 100,000 mi service for it, she was ready for a decent install. 

 

 

20161006_170136_zps3l4a68hv.jpg

First thing on the list, remove headliner and deaden. Secondskin B stock, foam and PL

20170415_131825_zpsvfrgoclg.jpg

20170415_161112_zps9j5oyhwg.jpg

Snowdrifter had a great idea to PL the roof supports to the sheet metal before deadening. I did the same. Along with foam strategically-placed, it came out solid.

20170415_173400_zps40fc1ehj.jpg

20170415_181743_zpsr2jilb8m.jpg

20170415_181711_zpsk0qenlir.jpg

20170415_173450_zpsovf4s1if.jpg

Before and after

20170415_132337_zpsd5lu6vea.jpg

20170420_172649_zpsfptz7fr4.jpg

Now on with the electrical. AGM 24 upfront, single 31 (for now) in the back, 50ft per of Sundown and Mechman 1/0 OFC, 6ft 2/0 ofc (charging wire), copper lugs and adhesive shrink. Stock 90a alt for now. US 280 alt on the way

20170423_161208_zpsbmlrbevu.jpg

20170423_142416_zpsdctbjoxk.jpg

20170423_160852_zpsdvkxdmyk.jpg

Added a few more grounds upfront since then. Now let's run power to the rear. Tryed alot of ways to run them, this way worked best for me. 2 runs of Sundown 1/0

20170422_165234_zps0hz1v8f2.jpg

Found a factor gromet to pass through just behind the drivers seat... yay! To many pinch points and twist and turns beyond that point. 

20170422_165102_zps2afda9yt.jpg

Now to deaden the rear and run power home!

20170422_135501_zpstbji0ymi.jpg

20170427_165525_zpstyidrcrt.jpg

20170427_171226_zpsqghgc0em.jpg

Now on with the rear grounds. I'm going chassis grounds. Kind of a taboo subject but I got faith. Bumper off to access the rear

20170507_110829_zpskj3ttd7r.jpg

20170507_153456_zpslvdkfhbo.jpg

Note the right angle drill that didn't fit. Time to cut sheet metal! 

20170507_124608_zpskl5nqq24.jpg

20170507_130302_zpsjpyaywp5.jpg

20170507_135440_zpsmmab2phw.jpg

Drilled a few pass throughs, added grommets...

20170507_155932_zpsadjyqinv.jpg

PL'd the flap I cut for the right angle drill. Stainless, threaded, lock washers, painted and dielectric

20170507_165215_zpsfjk9yfsv.jpg

20170507_170021_zpshj0t2v1s.jpg

Cut the foam under-floor to accommodate the grounds. Doing so allows me to keep the factory floor

20170528_123303_zps6qfwf3pp.jpg

RCA's and remot.  Ran two pairs to under passenger seat for future and one pair to rear of course. Stock front stage on deck power for now. 

20170428_162933_zpsran6wiek.jpg

20170428_163439_zpshotkeytf.jpg

This build is a slow one. I can only do at best, about 4hrs a week. As of now I'm running my old system to get me through: AB 1880.1 and a single AB XD15 22 in a parallel 6th order  (much thanks to Triticum and JoeX). I'll post that 6th order build later. Thanks for watching! ???? on 5k in the future 

Posted

Thanks guys! After the electrical was done enough to play something, I put my old box back in. Was built for a trunk of a 91 Lexus ls400. Ported, tuned to 32hz. It was fine for the Lexus but not for the outback. 

 

20151202_174445_zpsk8e5knnv.jpg

 

Didn't want to do the same old thing for the new build. Saw a great deal on a DC5k and went for it. Now for sure I'm not doing the same old thing. 2 12's,  2 15's,  1 18...driving myself nutz thinking what my goals are and the $'s needed. Checking out YouTube one day, I saw what I now know is a parallel 6th order. That shit banged hard and moved alot of air. I'm thinking...what if I could do a single 15 or 18 and get similar results as 2 12's up port back for instance. So as an experiment I'll build a 6th around my old 15 and see if I gain anything. Posted for assistance and bam, thanks to Triticum and JoeX I built this...

 

20170605_163313_zps8nozjroj.jpg

 

One things for sure, I go back to MDF. First time using birch and very happy I did. I can easily flip a full sheet off horses without hurting myself. 

 

20170531_153707_zpscgzmfwh3.jpg

 

My attempt at a wide fence table saw 

 

20170531_193258_zpsmteugcqe.jpg

20170601_154916_zps7g0hb0bc.jpg

 

The cuts came out great

 

20170601_183413_zps4zcfpb1r.jpg

 

Dry fit before router 

 

20170601_175413_zpsxkh3jbae.jpg

 

Router time and circle jig 

 

20170603_204452_zpskzcmxjzi.jpg

20170604_162640_zpspo69rmen.jpg

20170603_204207_zps3ycglrbd.jpg

 

These screws are great! I always pre-drill but I don't think you'd have to with these guys

 

20170605_174229_zpsqecd53b1.jpg

20170604_175429_zpsavjhphuc.jpg

20170604_182809_zpsw4y5k8q2.jpg

20170604_190042_zpsmfyifqzi.jpg

20170604_190720_zpsv431swzj.jpg

 

Kept the enclosure exsesable to remove the sub by applying some 10mil double sided foam tape. Found a handful of rolls lying on road awhile back and held on to em. It's great for templet tape too! Not removing the protective side of the tape allowed me to put the lid on the enclosure just right and screw down no problem. Using a bright light in each chamber, I could not see light pass through the seems. 

 

20170605_165739_zpsxdlz0xqg.jpg

 

I'm really happy with the results of this 6th order. I have no tools to measure right now but by ear, very broad bandwidth and louder. Gets in the 20's with authority. Like I said before in another post, from Steele Dan to decaf, sounds pretty damm good. SP4 15 on 5k in a parallel 6th? Anyone have an opinion on that? 

 

20170605_174010_zpsoxh4uq4k.jpg

Posted

Nice build, im tuned in for 6th orders. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Fuck yes man, really digging your work, the grounds look so clean, Love seeing people doing it right by doing deadener BEFORE the build.  Work work is great, and 6th order?!  so much to love.......

 

dat DD life...."just a dd"

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted
11 minutes ago, Karkov said:

Fuck yes man, really digging your work, the grounds look so clean, Love seeing people doing it right by doing deadener BEFORE the build.  Work work is great, and 6th order?!  so much to love.......

 

dat DD life...."just a dd"

Thanks brother! That 5k calls me every day but I got to be patient. US Alt 280 & 300ah more first. Along  with the  900w I currently have With the shit voltage of 13 flat @ full tilt and impedance rise...that 6th bangs hard. I gotta yawn every so often. 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1463 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...