Second Skin Audio

Another week goes by and another builder decides to go the "cheap route". Don't make the same mistake that so many people make in the car audio world, never use cheap asphalt/tar filled products to sound deaden your vehicle. The picture below happened in Minnesota, not a desert climate.

19437611_1740878212589831_46032009105760

This one had the best excuse we have heard yet "the bass made it fall off" and then the sheet got caught on the window and poof, the mess you see is the end result. There is always the excuses of "I didn't clean the metal properly", "I didn't push the sheet on good enough", or "I should have used a heat gun to apply it". Many of the internet based companies try to pass off similar looking commercial roofing products as vibration dampers. But don't be fooled by these products, because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use when the product fails.

Do the project once, right the first time. Always insist on high quality American made butyl products for your builds!!!! :djparty:

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

19577488_10158943092125029_8004122735606609290_o.jpg

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Damn, it just has to be MN.  But for real though, I made the mistake once when i was noob oh so many years ago.  Now all I rock is Second Skin.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I went the cheap route and couldnt be happier,

i got the second skin 40# bstock pack,

cant really ask for a better deal than that as far as im concerned.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i used peel and seal a long time a go and that shit sucked to remove. Once i removed it you bet your ass i replaced it with second skin. 

I used some off brand peel and seal. Stayed ok on the trunk lid and walls till the weather got hot. 100 degree days in the summer had it sagging and stinking quick. Sold the car with chunks of wat i couldnt get off still on it. When i do my doors in my durango i will be ordering second skin. Soon hopefully.

17 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I went the cheap route and couldnt be happier,

i got the second skin 40# bstock pack,

cant really ask for a better deal than that as far as im concerned.

Very smart man.......hell of a discounted box....used one on both of my vehicles also. 

468x60.png