Sleep number beds? Any experience/reviews

Also curious as to how you like it, I'm in the market for a new bed too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Agreed

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Late to the party but I'll put my 2 cents in as well, but first, I as well have never heard of purple bed so PLEASE let us know what you think and not just the first week and/or fit and finish but long term as well.

When I was married we bought an extended queen Sleep Number in 2009 and I think it was something like $2k but it has pillow top blah blah blah.  It's something like 6" narrower than King but 6" wider than normal queen, according to what they told us as far as Sleep Number goes...  Finding sheets for it sucks so I just buy King size and let them be big but that's nothing against Sleep Number really.  They wanted to charge an additional $100 to come set it up and all that jazz but I opted to set it up myself (obviously) and the frame for this was just a bunch of cheap plastic that links together and shit so I was a little unhappy at what we were actually getting for the $2k.  Sleep number was "the thing" at the time so we went to a Sleep Number store, laid on some beds for a while, etc.  I think the one better was like $2500 and the lesser was $1500 so everything was about $500 spaced.  They claim the motor compressor thing for filling the bed has a 20 year warranty but honestly it has never given me any issues.  I have slept in this bed every night since 2009 some time and it's still like the day I bought it surprisingly.  I have the one with the dual sides air things and whatever, so two tubes going into mattress, a little box that plugs into wall, prolly 12"x6"x6" (compressor) and it's really pretty quiet and works efficiently it seems.  Has some foam in center and around the outside so the bed as a whole feels seamless when laying and transitioning from one side to the next or some shit like that they said which appears to be true.  At first it took me a while to find a number I liked and it seemed like that number would only be good for me for a max of a week then I woke wake up with one part of my back a little sore.  So for the past 8 years I just change it every day or two and have never had a problem with any part of the bed.  I keep the wireless remote on the night stand and don't even remember ever changing batteries.  I sleep alone now so i just keep each side the same.  Adjustments go in increments of 5 all the way from 0 to 100 but the recommend always being 30+ or something like that.  If I am on it and fill it to 100, then get off it says like 80.  But if I'm off it and fill it to 100 and hop on it it then automatically starts letting air out, lol, which i thought was a good feature for not popping the bags.  The bag things are enclosed but it seems like from what I can feel they are pretty thick.  The clear tubes for the air are also the real deal, thick and high quality.  they hide by the head board or along the wall at the head of the bed and the compressor plastic box things easily hides under the bed, doesn't vibrate and isn't that loud.  I still to this day change the air setting very often.  If I could do it all over again I would probably not spend 2 grand on a bed, I think i would like a memory foam one much better.  My wife loved this sleep number a lot when she used it.  For the money I am going to continue to use this one till it doesn't work anymore though.  Seems like it has no actual way of wearing out until the compressor thing decides to not fill it.  =/     I know they have more advances with the options in these beds, i don't know what they all are but just from some of the commercials I have caught...  Which i guess doesn't matter now since you already bought the purple bed, lol.  Anyway, it WAS expensive, it has been great quality, serving its purpose, some like them, some don't.  I seem unable to find an exact number to always sleep at so I don't get that whole "my number is X bullshit".  When i host Thanksgiving every year I have family "play" on it, raise it up and down, move around, "oh I like this"  and "oh that feels wierd"  "that seems weird"  blah blah blah, haha

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks for the review. I will keep everyone posted on the purple bed for sure. The sleep number beds we were looking at(matress and frame) were North of 5k. I didn't go in a store, just online shopping so that was MSRP probably but it was a expensive either way. I'm glad you didn't have any issues but I saw a lot of ppl did. The purple beds had great reviews generally and I got both beds.frames, 2x sheets for each, and 2 matress protectors for right under 3k. So they were quite a bit cheaper. Anyways, I will keep everyone posted.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Well we received the beds and have put them up. The sheets are on 4-6 weeks backorder and evidently so are the matress protectors. Anyways on to the initial thoughts.

1st time laying on the bed(I am working night's so I just laid down on it for about 3 mins):

The bed seems firm. It is a unique firm but the initial thoughts is this is a firm bed.

1st time sleeping on it:

Laid down and had same firm feeling. You do sink into it a bit but it doesn't swallow you or hug you. I'm a side sleeper just for reference and 6'1 260lbs. After you get past that firm feel it is a very unique experience. Your heavier points are what sink a little bit but it's in a good supportive way. The best way to explain it is it's a firm feel that is soft and supportive. I know that sounds stupid but it is what it is lol. While I was at work that first night my wife text me and told me the bed was too firm but she would give it some time. When she woke up her back and hip were hurting. The back isn't unusual but the hip is. I usually wake up with some back pain/stiffness. After my 1st night I woke up with a little stiffness that was probably gone in about 15 minutes.

2nd night's sleep:

Still the same unique firm/soft supportive feel. The wife says she woke up with 0 issues. Personally I woke up and felt great. No pain/stiffnes whatsoever. I like the bed so far. The firm feeling is not my cup of tea but as stated above its a unique firm that really isn't that bad.

Fit/Finish:

The frame is not the best in the world but definitely capable of supporting the bed(which is heavy), people, and activities. I think the king matress weighs in at 144 lbs. The frame is square tubing and I haven't measured yet but I think they are in about a 6" square pattern. Its not the thickest tubing(i bent it a little tightening the bolts) but it's also not the thinnest. I think the frame will stand the test of time. The matress is a matress haha. They did design the cover on it some so it's not just a plain white cover but it goes under sheets anyways but the material seems like it will last. I would rate the overall quality "good" for now anyways.

Sidenote:

I still need to ask my son how he feels about his. I've just been very busy. My brother in law did sit on the edge of it and said he felt like he was floating. On the 1st night I was able to get in bed without waking the wife which I haven't been able to do in a long time so that's a plus. So far I don't think it's a miracle matress but it is very nice so far. I will try to keep this up with thoughts/feelings as time goes on.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Very nice write up, thanks for taking the time.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so still been busy as shit but I got a few so here goes.

3rd night:

The firm feeling is no longer jumping out at me as a 1st impression. I honestly don't know whether to attribute this to it becoming more normal to me or if it was still filling out. The matress came rolled and vacuum sealed so when I rolled them out they started filling out/ puffing up. It said it may take a day or 2 for this process to finish but who the hell has time for that lol.

I quit keeping track of days after the 3rd day but the bed has become part of my everday life now. It still doesn't scream firm like it did at first and we sleep very well on it. I haven't heard anymore complaints from the wife and I myself haven't been having any aches or pains which is a huge plus. So overall I'm digging the bed. It's not gonna end world hunger or perform any "miracle" but it is a pretty nice sleeping bed. 

I forgot to mention in my 1st review that this bed is a frame and matress only (no boxspring). Without the need for a box spring they made the frame taller. So you have quite a bit of storage space under this thing. Like I could literally crawl under from 1 side to the other. The wife hasn't looked for bedskirts yet but it might be difficult to find some that tall. Idk this to be a fact but I feel it should be mentioned.

Everything was ordered on the same day and I just got tracking today on the matress protectors. Still no word on the sheets yet.

Also so far the frame has done it's job. No squeaking,moving,sliding, etc.

If there is something I'm missing just point it out guys. I've been super busy as I said.

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Bed skirts are fairly tall as they get placed between the box and mattress, i was thinking on a purple also but wound up going with a zunis 10" gel memory foam mattress along with a zunis 14" base for it. When your used to a traditional mattress it is rather weird to sleep on something different the first few nights, but you certainly begin to enjoy the comfort of it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived