•    

WalledSonic

2015 Chevy Sonic/Wall/4 15's/10K/Lithium/Large Case Hairpin US Alts

9 minutes ago, ChevyBoy95 said:

looking good, just make sure to put a switch on that fan. Otherwise you will be able to hear it through your box.

I'm gonna have (2) of the 4" Seaflo fans on the sides of the box cooling the amps.  Thanks for the tip, I will most certainly have them switched.  I had (1) 4" in my trunk with my 6K and it was LOUD AS SHIT but dang it moves some air.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

I'm gonna have (2) of the 4" Seaflo fans on the sides of the box cooling the amps.  Thanks for the tip, I will most certainly have them switched.  I had (1) 4" in my trunk with my 6K and it was LOUD AS SHIT but dang it moves some air.

Smart move deadening the dash. It gets overlooked often, my Tahoe dash has never cracked because of this. 

I have 6 fans on a relay and can hear them pretty clearly, I fix the problem by turning it up a bit. 

Putting major work in brother, looking good.  I still think we (Houston area guys) should all get together for a demo session.  

• Like 2

Man it's looking good. Your making alot of progress! Can't wait to see this thing

• Like 1

My drivers side wing panel was basically touching the window, so I had to trim it down with the jigsaw.  Kinda late in the game for this, but its taken care of now.

26627972139_30a8630ebd_k.jpg

Used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to adhere the Luxury Liner Pro down to the Damplifier Pro.  I know its better to leave it in really large pieces and drape it over the floor, but I dont have a lot of space in the cabin so I just did this instead.  Bricks for pressure while the 3M sets.

26627969839_ebad8e7645_k.jpg

FINISHED DEADENING.  Gonna lay a new carpet in soon so you wont see any of it.  

38348651916_73df436934_k.jpg

Got some LEDs for inside the box.  The sticky-back is trash, but luckily, it peels right off.

26627970849_e95324d212_k.jpg

I connected a whole strand for one side of the box with 4 connectors.  These things are janky as fuck, I dont know how people attach these inside a box without having a loose connection.  I may try to solder these pins to the light strip to see if that works.  Any tips are appreciated!  

26627966729_30556d4146_k.jpg

Started the amp rack this weekend too.  I am determined to have this playing by Thanksgiving!

38348648766_cd52cdd463_k.jpg

26627964859_24e886d2be_k.jpg

And just finished staining all the stuff in the trunk.  It looks dark, but will lighten up once the clear (spar urethane) is finished.

38348644646_2d4d75ff7c_k.jpg

Edited by WalledSonic
formatting flickr pics
  • Like 5

Hell yea! Done by thanksgiving... you know that's next week right!? Lol hope you get it done!

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonik1
      Hi!
      I'm rebuilding my Punto for next year events. I bought it 5 years ago so let's start from there:
      First system including Ultimate T2 12" subwoofer, Twister TW1000 "1000W" amplifier and Hertz low end 6,5" coaxials and JVC head unit.

Then there was Pioneer DEH-P5100UB head unit, better Hertz 6,5" coaxials with Focus Acoustics Formula FX-4150 amplifier, SPL Dynamics XTR-380D2S 15" subwoofer, Focus Acoustics Formula FX-1500D 1500W amplifier and Optima 55Ah battery.

In the next step I upgraded speakers to 6,5" Hertz Energy ESK163L.4 3-way component system, made bigger and better subwoofer box, added 20Ah BSB battery and some tuning parts.

Next I changed Kenwood KDC-BT92SD head unit, added another set of 6,5" Hertz Energy ESK163L.4 3-way component system speakers to rear, changed FX-4150 amplifier to SPL Dynamics ICE-150.4 and 15" XTR subwoofer to Focus Acoustics Black MK5 15D2 15".

Then I upgraded the whole system and started to work with the interior. New system:
      Optima YELLOW TOP 55Ah and 38Ah batteries
      Focus Acoustics FX-2500D 2500W amplifier
      Focus Acoustics Black MK5 15D2 15" subwoofers x2
      SPL Dynamics ICE-150.4 amplifiers x2
      Hertz ESK163L.4 component speaker systems x2
      SPL Dynamics SPL-HD25T Horn Loaded Compressor Tweeters x2
      Match PP72W-D subwoofers as midbasses at front x4

To be continued in new post
    • By Chrishxc718
      First off thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and offer a helping hand, secondly I am looking for someone knowledgeable and is very good with enclosure designs and getting loud to come up with a 6th order wall design for 4 skar evl 15's in my santa fe. Ive tried a couple free programs but I haven't been any good at making it work. If someone wouldn't mind helping ill get the measurements together as soon as tomorrow. I also don't mind paying a few dollars for the help either.  Thanks in advance! 
    • By Kraken
      So I'm trying to design a box for my 2 zv3 12's, i have installed 2 bucket seats in the rear of my 02 chevy pickup, and things have changed a ton in that truck since i last posted here. I plan on doing 2 zv3's in a ported box in between the 2 seats, almost like a tall center console. i found a 3D model of a zv3 12 on a different fourm, but i cant get the person to respond with a link to a download. Im just trying to get an accurate look of the box, and also having a model of the sub would be cool
    • By crazydoublekick
      Hey, all!
      This is my baby.  It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero that I drove in high school; I recently bought it back from my folks for a couple grand, and its whole purpose is to be destroyed with bass.  She's in decent shape for 140k miles.  A few years ago, I had a c-pillar wall in this thing with 2 Fi BTL N2 18s on a n AQ3500.1 at .7.  It did 152s with garbage electrical, and was super fun.  I've always dreamed of walling this thing at the b pillar, so here we go.

All I saw here was potential.  Time to rip all this shit out.
      The process has begun.

Carpet cut, headliner removed, and roof braces foamed.  There's quite a decent amount of space in this bitch.
      Maaaany more pics to come.  Just gotta get them on Imgur.  Stay tuned!
    • By decibel2679
      Redoing my Corolla for the new year. I normally do a ported box around 5 cubes that can go in and out of the trunk when needed but this time I decided to build in the car and to the car. as you can see in the pictures Im doing a trunk build and Im going to seal off the trunk from the cabin. it will take time to finish since I have a busy work schedule right now but I have to be complete by the 18th of Feb so I can attend Freezefest in TN. Any comments or suggestions are welcome understanding I won't be making big changes. its either going to work or its not.

1 18 inch fi SP4 18
      1 B2 audio SLD5k
      2/0 wiring
      xs 3400 under the hood
      northstar 220 in the trunk
      mechman H/O alt
      big 3 done with 2/0
      kenwood HU until I get my new alpine. Im getting the UTE 62bt when I have the chance to hit up Best Buy..
      stay tuned!!
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 132 Guests (See full list)

•