Second Skin Audio

FI Team wall type?

Mr DeeBeez

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

wouldn't you just tune a ported box lower for more bandwidth and higher for more spl?

thats exactly correct, but how awesome would it be to have something that is ported at say... 26, and kills it down low, but also it ported at like 40 and has a crazy choke out factor, all the sudden you can demo and compete, or play songs with a huge bandwidth and have it sound great the whole time.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

also the roll off with a 6th order is less so naturally it can play a wider range of notes than a traditional ported, but honestly they are extremely hard to design, and have little to no room for error without drastic effects, so unless you are really comfortable with your calculations and build, then i would start with a regular ported enclosure.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Correct....I can play for instance 20hz-56hz with variance of 1-1.5db that entire bandwidth 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Thank you all for your input. After talking with a lot of people, I think I've decided on a standard flat wall. 

Being that this is my first wall, I think it will be much easier to be able to make a slide in wall, then seal it off. Will give me a chance to learn as much as I can, and maybe make a shell and make a 6th later on. 

Ive come up with a design for the wall that I can slide in, so now it's time to get workin! :) 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived