Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

FI Team wall type?


Mr DeeBeez

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently purchased two FI Team 18's. The plan is to recone both of them, then run them in a b pillar wall in my blazer, with 2 Q3500's to each sub. My question is, what type of box type would work best to make these things demo monsters. Looking to make a windy build, while keeping a good bandwidth. 

I have seen these subs in all different types of enclosures. Just looking for opinions on what type will work best for this amount of power. 

Thanks in advance!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Posted

Since youre only doing 2 subs, you have a ton of volume to spare.

I would do a 4th or 6th with a drivers side port.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

i would absolutely do a 6th, the team series like ported enclosures. ive done a 6th wall with 2 team 18s and it was sooooo windy and loud. heres the thread i had on it a while back, i used photofuckit back then so the pics are no good but theres low power vids on the first page, and full powerish on the 5th page

 

 

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Posted

6th would work better than a 4th. 

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

I vote 6th....I run a 2 18 6th and I can float cats ?....if all works out I'll be running 2 Fi omega 18s in my sixth REAL soon ?

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 

475ah of yin long LTOs

Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order


Best Scores at events…

163.5@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest 

 

 

Posted
32 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

what would be the advantage of a 4th or 6th over a standard ported? Just curious, I don't know shit about enclosures.

bandwidth or spl, plain and simple. you can design it to have two peaks, and therefor a much larger bandwidth of playable notes, or you can tune it purely for spl and have a one note wonder

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Posted

can't you do that with a ported box and interchangeable ports? If I am asking dumb questions I apologize, I really don't know much about enclosures. Thanks for the legit reply though!!

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6223 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...